Using Dragon Remotely   - Lunis Orcutt - 05/28/2020 08:25 PM  
 Using Dragon Remotely   - Mav - 05/29/2020 02:28 AM  
 Using Dragon Remotely   - kevincleppe - 05/29/2020 03:36 AM  
Keyword
 05/28/2020 05:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kevincleppe

Hey all! Hope you are all doing well and staying safe during quarantine!

I had a quick question about using Dragon on a remote computer.

Due to the quarantine, I have a user who is working from home now, and can no longer use their work station at work. They had Dragon and KnowBrainer on their work station, but since they need to work from home now, they can no longer access that work station. For now, they only have an iMac at home.

I have a licence for Dragon on an Apple computer, but it has been a HUGE pain to install in the past, still has lots of voice recognition problems when it is ihnstalled, and I am not sure how I could install it on their iMac remotely, of even if our license allows for installation on personal devices.

As a potential solution, I am getting their work station set up for remote access, so they can access it from home, but I am concerned about voice recognition on the remote computer from their local computer.

So I have two questions:

1. Does anyone have experience with using Dragon on a remote computer from a local computer? What would be the best way to set this up?

2.  Are there equivalent programs to Dragons that work on Apple comptuers? Any reccomendations?

If this ends up not working, I will try to see of my IT department can send a laptop to the user with Dragon installed, but I want to see what our other options are first before we go that route. 

Thank you all in advance!

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » KnowBrainer Software and Support » Using Dragon Remotely

Statistics
31740 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 275 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 277 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.