KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: KB and NS not acting like before
Topic Summary: Ever since KB and NS were installed on my computer a few months ago, some problems
Created On: 06/01/2020 08:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 KB and NS not acting like before   - lloydgarver - 06/01/2020 08:04 PM  
 KB and NS not acting like before   - Lunis Orcutt - 06/02/2020 12:06 AM  
 KB and NS not acting like before   - lloydgarver - 06/02/2020 02:01 AM  
 KB and NS not acting like before   - Lunis Orcutt - 06/02/2020 01:43 PM  
 KB and NS not acting like before   - lloydgarver - 06/02/2020 06:36 PM  
Keyword
 06/01/2020 08:04 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

lloydgarver
Top-Tier Member

Ever since the programs were put on my new computer a few months ago, I have had some relatively minor, but consistent problems.

When I use KB commands like CUT or COPY, the computer will type "cut" or "copy." However when I use the old NS command of CUT THAT, it will perform as it is supposed to.

Another weird thing is that if I leave my computer I do for a few hours and then come back to it, NaturallySpeaking doesn't "hear" me. I have to exit the program and then relaunch NaturallySpeaking.

Suggestions?

Thanks – Lloyd

-------------------------

06/02/2020 12:06 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Our best guess is that none of your KnowBrainer commands are working because you have inadvertently closed Dragon, or it crashed, while KnowBrainer was still running. If you're launching Dragon, when KnowBrainer is running, you will have to close and re-launch KnowBrainer. The easiest method is to simply launch KnowBrainer which will launch Dragon, if it's not already running. KnowBrainer commands have a tendency to work even when Dragon commands don't. The next time this happens, try saying Computer. You should hear “working” if sound playback is enabled. Another test would be to say Continue when your cursor is in the middle of a paragraph. This will move the cursor to the end of the current paragraph. If you want to kick it up a notch, say Continue <who let the d0gs out> . This is a sure sign that Dragon was relaunched without relaunching KnowBrainer.

When you leave Dragon running unattended for a few hours, are you making the critical mistake of leaving Dragon in the Asleep state or properly turning your microphone completely off?

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

06/02/2020 02:01 AM

lloydgarver
Top-Tier Member

I am embarrassed to say that yes, I have been leaving it in the asleep position. Thank you.

I'm equally embarrassed to say that I've always said trouble closing and then relaunching KnowBrainer. I know that you have described the best way to exit both programs, but I just can't recall how to do it. Here's the wrong way that I try to do it: first I will go to profile and then Exit Dragon. Then I will right-click the KnowBrainer icon and tell it to close windows. So I'll think it has stopped running, but apparently it hasn't. Because when I try again to launch it, I'm told that it is already running. So how do I get it to close so I can relaunch it without having to reboot or go to the task manager?

06/02/2020 01:43 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

KnowBrainer should be closed before Dragon. The easiest method is to simultaneously close both utilities by saying Close Dragon and KnowBrainer or Close KnowBrainer and Dragon. Both work equally well. If you wish to close both utilities separately, begin by saying Close KnowBrainer or right-clicking on the hidden KnowBrainer icon and choosing Exit. Note that when you close the KnowBrainer sidebar, it is equivalent to closing the Dragon Command Browser; not the utility. You can close Dragon by saying close dragon or by clicking the Exit Dragon DragonBar menu.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

06/02/2020 06:36 PM

lloydgarver
Top-Tier Member

Thank you, as always you've been very helpful.
Lloyd

Statistics
31670 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 4473 on 07/17/2020 at 10:00 AM.
There are currently 386 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 388 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.