KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: punctuation suddenly only enters in a certain context
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/28/2020 04:51 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 punctuation suddenly only enters in a certain context   - rob - 06/28/2020 04:51 PM  
 punctuation suddenly only enters in a certain context   - Ag - 06/28/2020 05:13 PM  
 punctuation suddenly only enters in a certain context   - rob - 06/28/2020 06:37 PM  
 punctuation suddenly only enters in a certain context   - Lunis Orcutt - 06/28/2020 06:44 PM  
 punctuation suddenly only enters in a certain context   - rob - 06/29/2020 05:59 AM  
Keyword
 06/28/2020 04:51 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

rob

Hi,

The ; the : and ) only seem to deploy in certain circumstances when before they have always deployed no matter where I dictated them. It does the same in all programs whether Dragon supported or not.

It always works if I say for example 'spell semicolon' and ';' will always deploy whatever the context before and after it.

But if the context is not what it is looking for I can say for example 'semicolon' and nothing will happen and if I look in the recognition history it will be unrecognised as ???.

I tried deleting each different the different parts of punctuation doing this and added them back in but the same thing happened. I checked my microphone via voice recorder and that is as clear as normal and I tried creating a new profile, but got the same behaviour.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on and if there is a fix for this?

Thanks,
Rob

-------------------------

Dragon Professional Group 15.6 with knowbrainer 2017 professional and speech start.

06/28/2020 05:13 PM

Author Icon
Ag
Top-Tier Member

I cannot answer your real question, as in why is punctuation not working for you all of a sudden.

However, I can mention that I have quite a few entries in my vocabulary like
?\\question mark as symbol
@\\at as symbol
:\\colon as symbol

This is a useful hack, but of course it's better to actually get punctuation working the way it should.

DPG15.6 (also DPI 15.3) + KB, Sennheiser MB Pro 1 UC ML, BTD 800 dongle, Windows 10 Pro, MS Surface Book 3, Intel Core i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.3/1.5GHz (4 cores, 8 logical, GPU=NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 with Max-Q Design.

06/28/2020 06:37 PM

rob

Hi,

I realised that for example ';' will enter properly in any dragon supported program if it is entered after any other character pretty much, but not at the start of a line. So that is why for example in visual studio code when I notice there is a ';' missing at the end of a line and I try to add it by saying semicolon nothing is dictated because in a program that is not dragon supported it assumes there is no character before it.

Although if I have been dictating in a program like visual studio code that is not supported by Dragon directly before saying 'semicolon' ';' will deploy correctly. So for example if I say 'hello' or ')' and then ';' it will deploy correctly

';' would always enter without problems for example in visual studio code till today, no matter what the context.

Did visual studio code suddenly become less Dragon compatible than it was before today and that is why ';' or ')' will not deploy unless under the right circumstances?

All other punctuation still works whatever the context even in the programs are not supported by Dragon.

I can get round it by creating 2 commands that will always deploy in any context in any program which I have done now. But just wondering why it worked before and not now because it would be easier not to have another 2 commands for something so simple?

Dragon Professional Group 15.6 with knowbrainer 2017 professional and speech start.

06/28/2020 06:44 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

We run into the same problem with certain words when beginning a sentence. We suspect most end-users occasionally run into this issue. We can't tell you how to fix a problem that probably can't be fixed but you can make it painless. Our personal favorite command solution is the KnowBrainer Print <dictation> command.

1. Say cap semi-colon
2. Say spell 
semi-colon
3. Say no-caps 
semi-colon
4. Say Print 
semi-colon (requires KnowBrainer) = fast and dump
5. Say Type 
semi-colon (requires KnowBrainer) = slow and smart

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

06/29/2020 05:59 AM

rob

Hi,

Yeah those fixes worked for me too. I just found it strange that ';' and ')' always deployed in the IDE's I use no matter what the context up till yesterday. So trying to figure out what was different.

Thanks,
Rob

Statistics
31670 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 4473 on 07/17/2020 at 10:00 AM.
There are currently 317 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 318 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.