KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Is Knowbrainer really worth it?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/29/2020 09:15 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Is Knowbrainer really worth it?   - Ggregorini - 06/29/2020 09:15 PM  
 Is Knowbrainer really worth it?   - Mav - 06/30/2020 07:31 AM  
 Is Knowbrainer really worth it?   - Lunis Orcutt - 06/30/2020 11:20 AM  
 Is Knowbrainer really worth it?   - kkkwj - 07/01/2020 01:03 AM  
 Is Knowbrainer really worth it?   - ilox - 07/11/2020 01:59 PM  
Keyword
 06/29/2020 09:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Ggregorini

I recently started developing RSI pain on my wrists roughly about two months ago so this entire world of speech recognition is brand new to me. I've done a lot of homework on my own and recently found this sub. Right now I'm debating whether Knowbrainer will bring me the value that it currently costs. I'm extremely strapped for cash as I recently purchased over $1,500 worth of equipment to ease my wrist pain (RSI is expensive!). I'm hoping someone can give me their honest opinion. I understand there are resources that will tell me all about knowbrainer but it seems like it mostly comes from their website. To me it would be extremely helpful to get an idea of what the actual users of Knowbrainer think. I've spent a ton of money on DPI and although it's amazing, there's still things that trip me up. The most painful thing is not being able to use the "show numbers" feature thats in WSR. I mainly used it to right click certain things and opening a new tab in an easier fashion than what Dragon allows. This is my first post so please let me know if I'm breaking any rules or norms of this forum. 

Is Knowbrainer really worth the added cash? Will it make a $200 difference? 

Thanks so much everyone. 

06/30/2020 07:31 AM

Author Icon
Mav

Hi!

I'm afraid you won't get a decisive answer here because "value" is interpreted very differently from person to person.

If you only want to use Knowbrainer for one command (display numbers), then $200 is a lot, but that's like saying "why does a car cost thousends of dollars if I only want to honk?" .

So the tool's value greatly depends on how and how much you use the additional commands that Dragon doesn't support out-of-the-box.

I'd suggest you get the free 30 day trial and test it for yourself.

Regards,

mav

06/30/2020 11:20 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome (See Mission Statement)

You will find the details you are looking for in the What is KnowBrainer but this may be a moot point because KnowBrainer 2017 (w/2020 AI Commands) is free to those, around the world, with physical disabilities. If you have bad RSI, you areon the list. We require minimum proof of disability; such as a note from your doctor, on their letterhead, sent to Sales@KnowBrainer.com. You will then receive a non-crippled version of KnowBrainer 2017 (w/2020 AI Commands) but because it will be an NFR copy, all free support will need to go through this forum.

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

07/01/2020 01:03 AM

Author Icon
kkkwj
Top-Tier Member

If all you want is show numbers, consider SpeechStart+ - it does show numbers/flags as well as (very handy) turning the microphone on and off.

I would also add that KB is, in general, lightning fast. You barely finish speaking Edit Application Command XXX and the editing dialog is open in front of you. KB has (easily) two good decades of command development experience embedded in it by people who use it every day.

In my view, KB is a steal of a deal for anyone who works with voice. And I can't imagine anyone or any company that provides faster and more competent support than Lunis. It literally is a "no brainer" to get it.

As I type that, I realize that the great tools, deals, and support are not limited to Lunis. I have also experienced the same from Lindsay (for SpeechStart) and Rob (for his SP tools), both of which I own, as well as KB. (I haven't bought Rudiger's Dragon Capture (yet), but I imagine that its the same with him.)

I think the voice community is very lucky to have such dedicated people around to make life easier and more productive. 

Win10/x64, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 64GB RAM, Dragon 15.3, KB 2017, SpeechStart, Dragon Capture, Samson Meteor USB Desk Mic, Klim and JUKSTG earbuds with microphones, Office 365

07/11/2020 01:59 PM

Author Icon
ilox
Power Member

Hello, as a fellow-RSI sufferer (since 85) I can tell you that Knowbrainer really can make Dragon more useful because it just does so much more. Yes, it will help with numbers and links but I find that when I am dictating it is easier to say less words than Dragon seems to insist on. 
What I suggest is download the Trial version and give it a good go. If it does what you want and you get on OK with it then either find the money or take up the very generous offer from Lunis to get a Free copy.
Good luck with getting control of your RSI. It can be a real bitch at times. Sigh.

Cheers, Ian
Microphone: Sennheiser SC 230 USB
desktop PC: Windows 10 64-bit, Intel i5–4590 CPU, 16 gig DDR3 RAM, ASUS H97M–E motherboard, Dragon 14
netbook: HP Folio 9470m, Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Atom CPU N270, 8 gig DDR3 RAM, Dragon 12.5 premium

Statistics
31670 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 4473 on 07/17/2020 at 10:00 AM.
There are currently 435 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 436 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.