KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Dragon NS boosting microphone levels too high
Topic Summary: microphone level too high
Created On: 11/17/2020 10:54 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Dragon NS boosting microphone levels too high   - hello_computer - 11/17/2020 10:54 AM  
 Dragon NS boosting microphone levels too high   - Lunis Orcutt - 11/17/2020 12:10 PM  
 Dragon NS boosting microphone levels too high   - hello_computer - 11/17/2020 12:20 PM  
Keyword
 11/17/2020 10:54 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
hello_computer

Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 15 keeps boosting the Microphone Level on my Andrea NC-185VM USB microphone to 100 (i.e., Sound Control Panel -> Recording Tab, Properties, Levels).  Which then causes Dragon to keep picking up background noises like my keyboard or even just moving the mouse across my desk and Dragon then sometimes misinterpretes those background noises as valid input and I end up with random letters or keystrokes while I'm working.  Sitting at my desk with the Sound control panel open with the "Test your microphone" bar that shows realtime microphone input, just using my computer I can see that my microhpone at Level 100 is picking up every little background noise (in a quiet home office) and amplifying it significantly.  

Is there any way to force Dragon to use the microphone at a particular level and to stop adjusting the microphone level?  I've tried using the Check Microphone tool, and that will temporarily set my microphone level back to a reasonable value but then it doesn't take very long for the microphone level to creep back up to 100.

Statistics
31935 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 504 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 507 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.