Microphone Shoot-out   - ax - 12/27/2020 02:54 PM  
 Microphone Shoot-out   - ax - 12/27/2020 04:10 PM  
Keyword
 12/23/2020 02:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ax
Top-Tier Member

Well to mark the return to this board, I can't just spam one topic.  And why is there a dearth of Mike information in this place, compared to, say 2014?

I suspect it is in part due to the increase in accuracy of Dragon across the board, which rendered microphone debates less relevant.

Well with my non-optional migration to DME at workplace (embedded version with even less installation than DMO) over the past year, I have been able to do some Mike comparisons.

One only gets a single DME session at one time, which can roam from workstation to workstation (this is a nifty browser feature not contingent upon any VDI).  But one could run a "testing session" simultaneously on a different machine.  Apparently both sessions share the same Profile, which is of course cloud-based.  Aided by the testing session, I have been able to compare mics side by side, two at a time.

First place is SMP 3700/4000, which at "close range", in my LS05 gooseneck converted table mic style, beats out PowerMic 3 just by a smidgeon (as Lunis would say).  However, if speaking from a fair distance (more than 6 inches roughly), PowerMic is slightly better.

I didn't test either directly against my AT2005 in the office as the latter is less "luggable".  However, my subjective impression is that AT2005USB is every bit as good, if not a tiny bit better, at a close distance and in a relatively quiet environment.

All other tested headsets and gooseneck were objectively inferior.

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Microphones and Sound Cards » Microphone Shoot-out

Statistics
31981 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 474 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 475 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.