KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Step by step commands in DMO efficiencies?
Topic Summary: Making my commands more efficient
Created On: 11/09/2020 12:59 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 11/09/2020 12:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
glennizen
Power Member

Hello All,

It's been a while since I've been here. I haven't had much work in this area for a while. I hope everyone is well in these weird times

I have a new client and I am making some commands to work with Cerner Millenium. I have a step by step command that at one point uses 8 consecutive down arrow steps. Is there a way to make this more efficient, like combining the 8 steps into one subroutine or something?

The client won't give me access to the Nuance Management Console (which is a first), so I can't see/reference/download the xml file for my commands. Does anyone know another way to access this? 

Any other suggestions to make the step by step command process more efficient?

Thank you,

Glenn

-------------------------

Clinical software support professional

11/09/2020 02:31 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

We do not support or recommend step by step commands because while they are simple, they were also limited. Advanced Scripting is vastly superior and thanks to the KnowBrainer 2017 (w/2020 AI Commands) release of VerbalBasic II, verbally creating Advanced-Scripting commands into Dragon, via WYSWYS (What You See Is What You Say) is 20 times faster and even easier. For example, to create the script SendKeys "{Enter 8}", you would simply say Enter 8. It doesn't matter where your cursor is because VB II is based on artificial intelligence Visual Basic.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

11/09/2020 03:14 PM

Author Icon
glennizen
Power Member

Awesome, Lunis. Thank you. I haven't had to do any meaningful scripting in Dragon since 2016. So I am a little behind on what's been going on. I will try to purchase a copy of your excellent software this week when I get paid. Thanks again

11/10/2020 01:51 AM

Author Icon
Mav
Top-Tier Member

Hi!

Since you're talking about DMO, Advanced scripting or KB won't help you here.

But instead of duplicating the single key press you could use the "press key(s)" step (don't know the exact english name, I only got a German DMD) - it's the equivalent of using a SendKeys command.

By entering {DOWN 8} you can send 8 consecutive cursor down keys.

hth,

mav

11/10/2020 03:03 AM

Author Icon
glennizen
Power Member

That is outstanding, Mav. Thank you. I'll give it a try. I am somewhat familiar with the Press Keys command, but had not had to combine multiple redundant steps before. Thanks again.

So am I to understand correctly that there have not been any behind the scenes improvements in the last couple of years to DMO that allow me to bypass the Manage Commands wizard? I was hoping there was a way I could get the underlying xml file and edit there and drop it into the NMC and maybe even do some super cool stuff like drop in js routines to boot. No?

11/10/2020 04:03 AM

Author Icon
Mav
Top-Tier Member

I'm afraid there have not been any significant improvements on what you can do with DMO's step-by-step commands or command handling in NMC.

While you can manage Command Sets in NMC and import/export them, this seems to be for Dragon Group commands only.

DMO commands can only be viewed as XML, but neither created nor edited nor exported nor imported.

So you really have to enter them using an arbitrary DMO client and then move them around your user groups in NMC.

hth,

mav

11/10/2020 04:46 AM

Author Icon
glennizen
Power Member

Thanks again, Mav. Yes, I'm familiar and experienced with using the NMC to manage/administer. I had hoped that there would be some additional functionality re: scripts. But alas, well...thanks again

12/13/2020 03:01 AM

Author Icon
mwarddoc

{DOWN 8}

Thanks for posting that, I was unaware of this, this solves a conundrum that I have struggled with in my step-by-step commands, it is way faster than what I was doing.

mwarddoc
KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » DMPE, DMO and EMRs » Step by step commands in DMO efficiencies?

Statistics
31937 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 1503 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1503 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.