Topic Title: Permanently deleting homonyms that get in the way
Topic Summary: want to delete certain terms permanently
Created On: 11/26/2020 09:24 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 11/26/2020 09:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

afgban

I live in near a town called La Grange – and I have defined that as a term and deleted the vocabulary’s default spelling for that term – Lagrange – but every time I open up a new session, Lagrange is back in there.

Any idea how I can get the vocabulary to permanently forget Lagrange? What I’m doing wrong? Thanks.

11/26/2020 10:27 AM

Author Icon
MDH
Top-Tier Member

Abandon your approach. Instead, use the Vocabulary Editor. Open the Vocabulary Editor and add the word Lagrange (in the Written Form box). Then, click Properties on lower right. Towards the bottom you will see Alternate form 1, and under that Use alternate  written form 1. Click the box just to left of Use. Then enter La Grange in the box to right. Then click OK. Probably not additionally necessary, but to make it even more sure-proof, can add Lagrange to Written Form, and La Grange to Spoken Form. Then click Properties, click box as before to left of Use alternate written form 1, then enter La Grange, then click OK.

If the above does not work, which is very unlikely, then use the Command Browser and make a Text and Graphics command named Lagrange. Then in the Content box, enter La Grange. Click Save. Using this command will require a very slight pause before saying Lagrange.

MDH

-------------------------
 11/26/2020 11:05 AM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

Save your profile after adding and deleting the words. The vocabulary changes you made don't become permanent until the profile has been saved.
Statistics
31943 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 615 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 616 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.