Created On: 01/24/2020 09:42 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 01/24/2020 09:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
sterlingtimes
Top-Tier Member

Just in case this helps someone else, for day long business use I am finding Your Phone very helpful. The mobile phone images appears on the computer large screen and the mobile phone can be controlled from the computer with Speechstart Plus providing full hands-free functionality.

01/29/2020 04:48 AM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Thanks for posting this Stephen, I tried this out yesterday and it is very good but limited in functionality.  Have you tried using something like teamviewer to connect to your phone because that then gives you complete access to all of your phone functionality from Windows using Dragon whether your phone is iOS or android.  

-------------------------

02/05/2020 05:31 AM

Author Icon
sterlingtimes
Top-Tier Member

Thank you, Lindsay. I have tried some of the alternative solutions to providing mobile phone functionality on the large computer screen with voice compatibility.

Indeed, Microsoft Your Phone provides basic functionality very well covering calls, messages, notifications and photographs. It does not, of course, provide functionality for smartphone applications.

For business purposes, it has developed into an application that has become robust even with my basis mobile phone that I purchased for large screen size rather than for leading-edge functionality. Sometimes simplicity may just be the order of the day.

It is a huge benefit that Your Phone and Speechstart work together hand in glove.

Note: Also supports voice calls using computer speaker and microphone.

02/06/2020 11:12 AM

Author Icon
mobleguy
Power Member

Does it work well with dragon?

My opinion, is that if you are not doing something to mirror your phone on a PC/ Laptop or other devices,  then you are not using your phone to its fullest.  Beyond that, it is a great way to get around needing to pay for another service for another device as you can just mirror and control your phone, which likely already has broadband service. 

If you have not heard of Samsung Dex, I would look it up.  Dex Stand for Desktop Experience.  It is an alternate operating system of sorts, available on sertain phones,  that gives you a full screen interface with your phone that mimics a desktop with a task bat, multi tasking and mouse/keyboard.  If you are using it with a PC, you will need to use the PC Client.  However, if you connect the Dex Enable Smartphone  traight to a monitor( I have don it to hdmi and even vga with the right connector)  It will mirror to the screen directly AND it will also offer you the ability to you the phone as a track pad.

You have long been able to mirror your phone to a larger display with Andriod.  The difference is it also mimicing a desktop like interface.  My understanding is that newere versions of andriod also ahve something like this.

Dragon will allow you to use a tech box with DEX, say if you are composing a text message.  However,  it does not let you navigate within dex... from my limited testing of it.

11/28/2020 08:51 AM

rob
Top-Tier Member

You probably know this already but if you are using the "your phone"  app on Windows 10 and you have a Samsung phone you can control all the phone apps. It's been exclusive to Samsung for about 6 months. It will probably come to all android phones at one point.

I haven't tried it yet because I don't have a Samsung phone but it looks good Hands-on with the new "Apps" feature in Your Phone for Windows 10 - YouTube

@monkey8 good tip on team viewer, hadn't thought about that for phone control.

-------------------------

Dragon Professional Group 15.6 with knowbrainer 2017 professional and speech start.

Statistics
31981 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 51 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 51 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.