KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Is there a way to add Mouseclick as an option to the <keyname >hold down command?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/05/2020 10:43 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 11/05/2020 10:43 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
wristofdoom

I want to use dictation to click and hold down the mouse button, and then release the mouse button later.

This would be very helpful for dragging files between windows in different applications, selecting text so that I can wave my mouse without needing to strain my hand by clicking the button, drawing shapes and taking screenshots, etc.

I basically want the same functionality that currently exist in Knowbrainer with the <keyname> hold down command but applied to the left mouse button.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thank you

-------------------------

Dragon Professional Individual v15.6. Windows 10. Knowbrainer 2017.

11/05/2020 11:33 AM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

You may be interested in SP Press Utility now also featured in SP Standard

The utility performs faster than using Advanced Scripting commands and you get some interesting additional features as well. 

Here is a Demonstration Video

www.speechproductivity.eu 

Auto Box - SP Editor - HyperNotes - Hotkeys for Dragon - Quick Correct - Press Utility - Easy Guide to Dragon Scripting

11/05/2020 11:55 AM

Author Icon
wristofdoom

Thank you. It looks good and  I will consider that as an option.

However, I'm getting add-on fatigue, and I would love to do this within Knowbrainer if it's easy.

11/05/2020 11:58 AM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

There are (slower) Advanced Scripting commands available for this, Lindsay Adam has made some in the past. I actually thought they were already included in KnowBrainer....

www.speechproductivity.eu 

Auto Box - SP Editor - HyperNotes - Hotkeys for Dragon - Quick Correct - Press Utility - Easy Guide to Dragon Scripting

11/05/2020 12:37 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Nothing is faster than the "click" or "mark" and "drag" commands. No add-ons necessary. Note, "drag mouse [direction]" is a natural language command while "mouse drag [direction]" is a DVC command, but you can find them all in the command browser.

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

11/05/2020 05:35 PM

Author Icon
wristofdoom

Thank you. It sounds like "drag mouse' would be what I'm looking for, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

It seems like "drag mouse" always requires a direction, and it moves the cursor a few pixels and then releases it without me telling it to. I'm not sure what the purpose of the that would be...

To be clear, what I want to do is:

1. using my physical mouse, I navigate my mouse cursor over a file 
  2. I say "click and hold" (or whatever the command should be)
  3. the mouse button is clicked down and remains pressed down
  4. I drag the file from one window into another window
  5. I say "release click"
  6. the mouse button is no longer held down and the file is dropped into the new window

11/06/2020 11:12 AM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Let's take your example. Instead of "click and hold" to select a file, just move the mouse to hover over it (which you already did) and just say "mouse mark" (it should be recognized as a command). This is the starting position.
Next, move your mouse to the finishing position.
Now, instead of saying "release click" you just say "mouse drag" and watch as Dragon goes to the mark and drags the file to the finishing position.

The command browser also shows some natural language commands you might also use in your example. This time, hover the mouse over the file at the starting position and say "drag mouse lower left" (or use any of the eight directions) and the mouse should grab whatever is under it and start dragging it in that direction. While it is moving you can say "drag mouse [new direction]" or try saying "very slow" and the like to change speeds. "Control drag" is also supported in the same way if you have already selected non-contiguous items or want to copy instead of move the file.

See here:
https://www.nuance.com/products/help/dragon/dragon-for-pc/enx/professionalgroup/main/Content/CommandandControl/using_your_mouse.htm

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

11/06/2020 11:34 AM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Look at the KB <mousebutton_mouseaction> command that I added to KB and the ability already exists to hold the mouse down and drag things about. It was something like the following for the list command, so you would say "left mouse hold down"… from memory.

'Script by Lindsay Adam www.pcbyvoice.com 2011
Private Declare Sub mouse_event Lib "user32" (ByVal dwFlags As Long, _
ByVal dx As Long, ByVal dy As Long, ByVal cButtons As Long, _
ByVal dwExtraInfo As Long)
Sub Main
If ListVar1 = "left mouse hold down" Then mouse_event (2, 0,0,0,0)
If ListVar1 = "left mouse release" Then mouse_event (4, 0,0,0,0)
'... End Sub

Statistics
31937 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 1611 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1614 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.