Topic Summary: works for a while and then fails
Created On: 10/08/2020 06:50 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 10/08/2020 06:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
GShep

I installed the Firefox web extension (Windows 10 machine) and it worked for a while and then just stopped.I get the screen that says it needs to be installed again but when I try to do so,I get the message that "dnsriacontent.nuance.com could not be installed because it appears to be corrupt". Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thank you.

10/08/2020 07:21 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Did you begin by uninstalling your Firefox Dragon Professional Web Extension and installing the Dragon Add-in? We just successfully uninstalled and reinstalled the previous Firefox Dragon add-in

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

10/09/2020 12:07 PM

Author Icon
GShep

I thought that I had uninstalled first, but maybe not. So I definitely did uninstall and reinstall the extension this time and the process seems to be okay and not talk about a corrupted version. Thank you again.
 11/05/2020 10:05 PM

JackyV
Power Member

I, too, am having issues with Dragon and Firefox.
In my case I'm not able to dictate into the search box, nor am I able to click links by voice. Instead whenever I dictate to Firefox it brings up the dictation box.

I removed the Dragon Web Extension (which was marked as disabled). It was version 15.00.000.058, if that's significant.
I went to https://dnsriacontent.nuance.com/15/setup/ffinstall.html?lang=enx&version=15.30.0.6 and added the Dragon Professional Web Extension. It shows it as turned on. I allowed it to run in private Windows. It's version 1.40.0.5, and says it was last updated 11/5/20.

Now, a little additional history is that I had a Dragon crash yesterday (my entire computer froze up, I got a black screen, and the only way to get out of it was to power off completely and then restart. When I restarted and reloaded DPI, I found that all my DPI Options had been reset to the defaults, although my vocabulary seems to be fine. I went through and reset everything to the KnowBrainer recommendations. But it was after this crash that I noticed that I could no longer use voice within Firefox.

Am I missing something really obvious?

Thank you, as always.
Jacky

Acer Aspire R5-471T, i7-6500, 2.5 GHz
8 GB RAM
512 GB SSD
BlueParrott VXi Xpressway headset
DPI 15.30.000.006
Windows 10 Home
Microsoft Office 2016

11/06/2020 01:16 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Most end-users are unable to directly dictate into the browser Address/Search fields without DragonCapture or an open ended vocabulary command such as the KnowBrainer Go to <dictation> or Type <dictation> commands. The Dragon add-in includes Active Accessibility and Select-&-Say dictation but this capability not available everywhere.

No extension can work if it is disabled but you were right to remove it and install the latest release.

If you are still using DPI 15.3, you can probably expect numerous daily freezes because it wasn't fixed until the Ver. 15.6 Digital Download was pre-released (not yet officially released or Microsoft certified).

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Dragon Speech Recognition » Firefox extension fails

Statistics
31937 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 1667 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1670 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.