KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Bouncing repeating letters when dictating into Google Chrome and Gmail
Topic Summary: Dragon adds extra extraneous characters
Created On: 11/13/2020 01:37 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 11/13/2020 01:37 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
android94301
Power Member

Here is an example  of something I dictated into Gmail using Google Chrome:

This is a test. I am curious to know what happens and why Dragon adds extra charracters.  If I type the  word appointment somehow Dragon seems to be adding extra characters.  It's pretty random and I don't really understand why it hhappens.

Does anyone have any ideas how or why tthis is happening and how to fix it? It doesn't really seem to happen  in  other situations onnline, I spoke too soon as you can see in the preevious word.

I checked the recognition history and that seems fine with no extraneous characters.

help would be greatly apprecciated since I use Dragon a lot while dictating emails and it is a pain in the you know what to have to spell check  and correct everything.

PS:I also tested using the DragonPad tool  and the Dictation box tool and they work perfectly.

11/13/2020 01:42 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Try a trial of DragonCapture.

-------------------------

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

11/13/2020 01:52 PM

Author Icon
android94301
Power Member

I'd rather not add another app if I can avoid it. 

11/13/2020 02:03 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

I heartily agree. Like everyone else, I have been bombarded with add-ons ever since I entered the SR forums, almost 20 years ago, and I have always advocated avoiding them at best, and as long as you can. However, trying DragonCapture will typically cost you about five minutes of your time.

DragonCapture Homepage

11/14/2020 08:14 PM

Author Icon
android94301
Power Member

Okay, so I installed Dragon capture, and it seems to work fine. There is only one issue. I have no idea how you switch to a mode that allows you to make corrections. Since I don't dictate perfectly I need the ability to be able to switch to a mode where I can make corrections.  

11/14/2020 11:49 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

I think you will be helped more with the SP Quiet Box which is an interesting combination of fully automatic Transfer and Select-and-Say capability. And then of course there is the All-In-One dictation box which gives you a gazillion of options that no other box has.

We'll be coming with an SP 6 PRO demo version soon. 

www.speechproductivity.eu 

Auto Box - SP Editor - HyperNotes - Hotkeys for Dragon - Quick Correct - Press Utility - Easy Guide to Dragon Scripting

11/15/2020 04:45 AM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: android94301 Okay, so I installed Dragon capture, and it seems to work fine. There is only one issue. I have no idea how you switch to a mode that allows you to make corrections. Since I don't dictate perfectly I need the ability to be able to switch to a mode where I can make corrections.  

Although DragonCapture makes it look like dictating into a supported application, as it types your dictation into the target application without any trigger involved, it doesn't make a nonsupported target application editable.

If you really have to work with nonsupported applications, you have a couple of options:

- Use the DragonCapture command "remove this", if you make a mistake or you decide you are unhappy with the previous utterance, and dictate again. The command will cut back in the target window as well as in the hidden buffer, so the formatting of your follow-up dictation will be correct as far as spacing and capitalization.

- Use one of the KnowBrainer Force Dictation Commands to post-edit the target application, as explained here. This, however, minimally requires two triggers, and typically repositioning the cursor, which equally typically breaks the "continuity" of the formatting in the DragonCapture box.

- Switch the DragonCapture box to Editing mode, by removing the checkmark in "AutoPaste". On the downside, you will minimally have to say "Paste Box" or "Transfer" after every utterance, thus compromising the benefit of not having to do so in AutoPaste, but giving you the option to edit prior to pasting. Basically, AutoPaste is the tool of choice if your accuracy is quite good, and you are not writing a novel.

- Use the semi-automatic Dragon Dictation box, which, in this situation, is equivalent or even slightly better than the DragonCapture box in Editing mode, as far as efficiency.

The DragonCapture Editing mode has been designed primarily for tasks such as taking notes while reviewing external resources such as pictures, PDF, and the like.

DragonCapture Homepage

Statistics
31937 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 1448 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1451 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.