Created On: 11/22/2020 05:42 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 11/22/2020 05:42 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mikeoc4me
Power Member

When starting a new tab on the command line, if it does not recognize the word that I said then the scratch that command does not work or the select that command. I can say select all and that will just select everything and press the enter key which obviously takes me to the wrong place.
I checked and have the Dragon extension for Chrome.

11/22/2020 08:09 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Even with the Dragon web extension installed Select-and-Say control in the browser address bar is not guaranteed. 

You may be interested in Edge Search and Search Correct. Both modules are featured in the new SP 6 Standard. The first one allows Select-and-Say enabled searches in Edge right from your desktop and the second one let's you replace words in the speech unfriendly Edge address bar (much in the same way you would normally correct words with Dragon). 

-------------------------

www.speechproductivity.eu 

Auto Box - SP Editor - HyperNotes - Hotkeys for Dragon - Quick Correct - Press Utility - Easy Guide to Dragon Scripting

11/22/2020 09:06 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Many Microsoft Edge/Google Chrome/Firefox fields are Dragon friendly but most Search fields and Address fields are not. Fortunately you have several KnowBrainer command options. If you are attempting to dictate into a non-Dragon friendly field, you can simultaneously select and delete your text by saying Delete All. You can use your KnowBrainer Type <dictation> to force or edit dictation in fields that refuse to accept Dragon Direct Dictation. You can also use Dragon's delete previous <1to10> words command.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

11/23/2020 04:33 PM

Author Icon
zootsoftware

Another option if you prefer a standalone freeware applet with some extras:  Search Box 

Tom Davis
Zoot Software
info@zootsoftware.com
Zoot 8.0 | Voice PIM

11/23/2020 06:00 PM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: zootsoftware Another option if you prefer a standalone freeware applet with some extras:  Search Box

Seems like a great idea, but I just installed it and keep getting this error:

11/23/2020 08:05 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

I like the refined search concept but unfortunately I'm getting the same error as Matt. I also had to create the desktop shortcut myself. Here's part of the log file:

Your Search Box does not show with the activation command. But the process is running in the background and taking a heavy CPU footprint. It also crashes Dragon on my system:

www.speechproductivity.eu 

Auto Box - SP Editor - HyperNotes - Hotkeys for Dragon - Quick Correct - Press Utility - Easy Guide to Dragon Scripting

11/23/2020 09:21 PM

Author Icon
zootsoftware

Sorry - I linked to the wrong installer.  Here is the correct installer:  Search Box

Please let me know if you have any other trouble with it.  It's really quite good - I use it daily.

Tom Davis
Zoot Software
info@zootsoftware.com
Zoot 8.0 | Voice PIM

11/24/2020 09:46 AM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

I uninstalled the incorrect version, but doing so seems to have hosed my Dragon installation, so much so that I had to run the 15.6.1 installation file all over again and do a repair.

Then I tried the version you linked last night, but the search box doesn't come up on screen. It is running, but only if I double click on the executable - saying "start search box" has no effect.

Frankly, I'm not inclined to try again and I wouldn't advise anybody else to try this, unless they have a lot of patience and are willing to take the risk that it will adversely affect Dragon. I can write my own command that creates a text box and does the same thing, if necessary.
 11/24/2020 12:51 PM

Author Icon
zootsoftware

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with it. Not sure what happened there, but Search Box does not install any files related to Dragon or interact with a Dragon installation in any way whatsoever, so it wasn't uninstalling Search Box that caused that instability.

To run the applet you would say "start search box", but once it's running you just say "search box" to activate it. You can also press Ctrl+Alt+? to activate it if you don't have Dragon running.

Tom Davis
Zoot Software
info@zootsoftware.com
Zoot 8.0 | Voice PIM

11/24/2020 12:56 PM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: zootsoftware I'm sorry you had a bad experience with it. Not sure what happened there, but Search Box does not install any files related to Dragon or interact with a Dragon installation in any way whatsoever, so it wasn't uninstalling Search Box that caused that instability. To run the applet you would say "start search box", but once it's running you just say "search box" to activate it. You can also press Ctrl+Alt+? to activate it if you don't have Dragon running.

Yes, I tried those things, but the search box never showed up. 

If anyone else here gets this running, chime in, but I'm giving this a hard pass until someone figures out how to get it to work, and work safely.

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Dragon Speech Recognition » bad recognition in Microsoft Edge

Statistics
31938 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 613 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 615 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.