Topic Summary: dictating in a webpage
Created On: 05/12/2022 08:37 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 05/12/2022 08:37 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

hynds

Hello, 

I can dictate in most webpages, but in some I can't. 

For example, I'm dictating this message. But on another webpage, in two-column format, I have to enter text in the right-hand column. This doesn't work. (The program I'm trying to dictate in is a webbased-translation program named MemoQ). 

Any ideas on how to get DNS to work in all webpages?

Thanks, 

Alan 

05/12/2022 09:17 AM

Author Icon
Mav
Top-Tier Member

If anyone knew a reliable way to really support all web pages, Nuance probably would have implemented this.

There are simply far to many frameworks and text editing web components out there to provide a unified way of addressing them.

I guess you're not using the page for translation of a long(ish) text and not just single words at a time, right?

If so, I think it's reasonable to dictate the text you want translated into DragonPad (or any other Dragon-friendly editor) and then copy it over to the translation page.

While not a direct solution to the question, it might be a lot more efficient than investing hours or days searching for a way to speech-enable a Dragon unfriendly web page...

hth

mav

05/12/2022 09:51 AM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Mav is right. However, there is a much better solution available. SP 7 Standard offers virtually everything a novelist needs to dictate into speech unfriendly writing software like WriteItNow, Scrivener, MemoQ, or any other Dragon unfriendly application or browser.

Here's a little demonstration video introducing only four of the current (30) SP 7 Standard modules:

-------------------------

https://speechproductivity.eu

Turbocharge your Dragon® productivity with 40 Power Addons

05/12/2022 05:07 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

+Dilligence = excellent video. We just made a couple of notes that have nothing to do with SP Standard

1. You don't have to pause before saying <cap> Transfer. Cap, All Caps, New Line, and New Paragraph are vocabulary commands that do not require pausing when dictating. 

2. End users can optionally create a personal Read That Dragon Advanced-Scripting command with the following script (copied from KnowBrainer 2020)

Sub Main
SetMicrophone 0
Wait 0.1
SendKeys "^c"
Wait 0.1
SendKeys "{Right}"
Wait 0.1
TTSPlayString ""
Wait 1
SetMicrophone 1
End Sub

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

05/12/2022 09:35 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Hi Lunis,

I wasn't aware I was pausing in my dictation (there's usually very few pauses in my videos ).

Your Advanced Scripting "Read That" command works well. It even works where the native "read that" command fails (browsers, Thunderbird and some other programs). However, it is turning the microphone back on again after a predefined amount of seconds (in this case 1). After all, Advanced Scripting cannot predict how long the reading is going to take...

That's what makes SP Speaker special. It goes to sleep as soon as the reading starts. And no matter how long your text is, when all reading is done the microphone will wake up automatically. In SP 7 PRO you can pause the reading as well.

About vocabulary commands. Did you know that DB Minimal in SP 7 Standard has continuous Transfer recognition? That means that you can dictate any string + Transfer all in one go. This was a request from forum member Kevin (kkkwj). Current SP 7 Standard users can contact me for a custom replacement of the word "Transfer" if they like. I will update this thread with a video demonstration of this feature later on.

https://speechproductivity.eu

Turbocharge your Dragon® productivity with 40 Power Addons

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Dragon Speech Recognition » dictating in a webpage

Statistics
32325 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 514 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 515 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.