KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Loading DNS 13.0 onto Windows 10 - no CD driver
Topic Summary: online source for installing DNS13.0?
Created On: 11/22/2020 07:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 11/22/2020 07:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Pipa

I’m in the process of transferring all my programs (including DNS 13.0) from an older notebook computer to a newer one with Windows 10. Unfortunately, the new one has no CD/DVD driver. I have the DNS CD disc and key but no way to load it, unless there is a way to load it from an online source. Is that possible? Thanks ahead of time for your help!

~ Pipa

-------------------------
 11/22/2020 07:51 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

It's a real shame that modern laptops these days don't even have a DVD-ROM drive anymore :-(

The simplest option is to buy an External DVD Writer (a simple one usually isn't all that expensive) so that you can run your Dragon 13 CD. However, if your budget allows it I recommend a Blu Ray Writer because it's great way to store your data for the long run.

Another option is to create an ISO of the original Dragon DVD on your old computer with the free ISO Creator and loading it on your new laptop with Deamon Tools Lite (also free, which creates a virtual DVD drive).

Finally, an interesting tip when you are in the process of transferring software is EaseUs PCTrans (free version only allows one or two programs to be transferred at a time).

It's particularly suited for freeware and open source software you may have installed on your old system. 

www.speechproductivity.eu 

Auto Box - SP Editor - HyperNotes - Hotkeys for Dragon - Quick Correct - Press Utility - Easy Guide to Dragon Scripting

11/22/2020 08:54 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

DVD drives have been discontinued for several years because of the extra cost and weight. They are also unnecessary for most end-users. Fortunately, we offer a Dragon Digital Download option.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

11/23/2020 09:33 AM

Author Icon
Pipa

I don't understand what a digital download is? When doing a digital download, is a copy of the Dragon program copied to my flash drive where it can be stored? And then from there is it loaded unto my PC? Thanks for enlightening me!

11/23/2020 05:31 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Nearly all programs are now delivered as a digital download. This is just fancy term for downloading the entire program and installing from your hard drive or flash drive. The installation is a simple self-executable which works the same way as your DVD but about 20 times faster. We bundle the DPI 15.61 download with our installation guide where you will also find instructions and pictorial details on fixing 3 dozen sandtraps.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

Statistics
31937 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 1465 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1468 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.