KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: "EMR restriction" error from web page title
Topic Summary: Title of web GUI triggers "Program not supported. See "EMR restriction" in Help" error
Created On: 07/30/2020 11:09 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - aberk - 07/30/2020 11:09 PM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - Alan Cantor - 07/31/2020 12:01 AM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - Stephan Kuepper - 07/31/2020 03:03 AM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - PG LTU - 07/31/2020 10:46 AM  
 EMR restriction error from web page title   - Alan Cantor - 07/31/2020 11:29 AM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - Mav - 07/31/2020 03:19 AM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - aberk - 08/02/2020 02:18 PM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title Medicare   - Steve Morris - 11/26/2020 09:15 PM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title Medicare   - Mav - 11/27/2020 02:28 AM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - monkey8 - 11/27/2020 09:08 AM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - Steve Morris - 11/29/2020 04:16 PM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - monkey8 - 11/30/2020 04:45 AM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - PG LTU - 11/30/2020 10:17 AM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - Steve Morris - 11/30/2020 03:58 PM  
Keyword
 07/30/2020 11:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
aberk

Greetings,

I am using DNS Professional Individual v 15.30.000.006 on Windows 10.

I just loaded up a Raspberry Pi with OpenMediaVault. OpenMediaVault is meant to be controlled through a web GUI on another system.  In both Firefox and Chrome, I received the following Dragon error when going to the OpenMediaVault GUI:

"Program not supported. See "EMR restriction" in Help"

I learned that the EMR restriction error occurs when DNS Pro thinks it's looking at an Electronic Medical Records system.  OpenMediaVault is definitely not one of these systems.

I will paste Nuance's response to my request for help below.  It was extremenly unhelpful.

My girlfriend and I decided to narrow down the problem ourselves. We took the HTML from the OpenMediaVault GUI, pasted it into a new file, and then started taking out lines until I could access the page with Dragon and not trigger the EMR error. We then went through multiple steps of adding a few lines back in until we triggered the EMR error again.  The offending code is as follows:

<html id="ext-element-3"><head>
        <title>openmediavault control panel</title>
    </head>
    <body>42</body></html>

Note that, in order to consistently replicate the error, I sometimes had to Alt+Tab away from Firefox and back before turning the microphone on.

Nothing in those four lines is an Electronic Medical Records system.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? 

My email conversation with Nuance (before testing, highlighting mine):

Me:

Hello,

I am accessing a tool called OpenMediaVault through a web GUI. OpenMediaVault is a Linux operating system for creating a network attached storage (NAS) device. Within seconds of going to OpenMediaVault's login page, I receive an error from Dragon saying "Program not supported. See 'EMR restriction' in Help". After the error, I cannot use any tab in the browser window containing OpenMediaVault.

After doing some research, I learned that all versions of Dragon except Medical Edition stop working when they think they are accessing an Electronic Medical Records system. I can guarantee that OpenMediaVault is not a medical records system. How do I fix this problem?

Nuance:

Thank you for contacting Nuance Technical Support.  This email is regarding the issue that you were encountering with Dragon 15 Professional.

We do apologize for the inconvenience. Since you are using dragon 15 professional there are specific program that will work on it and your OpenMediaVault is not tested and listed as one of the compatible application that will work. I have provided you a link below list of compatible applications that will work with Dragon 15 Professional. When it comes to Emr the version of dragon that will work on it is Dragon Medical the current version is 4.

Link for the compatible application that will work with dragon 15 professional

Me:

To clarify, the application I am using is Mozilla Firefox, which is on the list of compatible applications.  I am accessing OpenMediaVault's web interface, which allows someone to control the system from the web browser.  It is not a separate application.  Perhaps there is a keyword it is flagging on? How do we fix this problem?

I have been a loyal Dragon user since 2000.  Dragon has helped me achieve unmatched access to a computer.  I have confidence that we can work through this together.

Nuance:

Thank you for contacting Nuance Technical Support.  This email is regarding the issue that you were encountering with Dragon 15 Professional.

You may navigate within the firefox interface but not if you will access specific web like OpenMediaVault's. Dragon is not really tested to work on that interface.

Statistics
31938 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 553 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 555 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.