Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 dual use bt headset   - esjesjesj - 11/10/2020 12:48 PM  
 dual use bt headset   - Lunis Orcutt - 11/10/2020 01:03 PM  
Keyword
 11/10/2020 12:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
esjesjesj

In my work, I switch between cell phone voice services (cell, WhatsApp, signal, duo) and laptop voice services (Skype, NaturallySpeaking). I'm currently using an Mpow M5.

The microphone has good recognition accuracy with NaturallySpeaking, moderately noise resistant and very economical ($35). On a cell phone, it works okay with good audio. The phone will switch automatically between the cell phone and the computer depending on which is active. Problem being, is how the headset determines which Bluetooth signal is active. For example when the "not active" device starts using audio and then the Bluetooth switches to the other system. For example, I can be talking with someone on Skype, the phone rings and Skype connection goes away. Alternately, I could be on a cell call and someone tries to call me on hangouts and I lose the cell connection.

I'm looking for the "mostly ideal" solution where the headset works for both cell phone and NaturallySpeaking. It connects my Bluetooth. It can connect to both targets at the same time without constantly needing to re-pair. Most importantly, I should be able to switch between Bluetooth on the phone and Bluetooth for NaturallySpeaking manually, not automatically. Failing that, at least have some control over which Bluetooth endpoint takes priority.

Wish list: like the M5, I would like this headset to be usable while  it is charging. For example, I've had days where I've forgotten to charge the headset and ran out of charge halfway to lunch time. Using a long USB charging cable, I can keep dictating or using the cell phone as long as I don't forget and rip the headset off when I stand up. Also, it would be nice if had a charging stand rather than having to find the cable and plug it in.

Not afraid to spend a couple hundred dollars if it truly works extremely well.

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Microphones and Sound Cards » dual use bt headset

Statistics
31935 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 493 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 495 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.