3-in-1 stops working intermittently   - revier - 11/20/2020 11:30 AM  
 3-in-1 stops working intermittently   - revier - 11/20/2020 11:46 AM  
 3-in-1 stops working intermittently   - Lunis Orcutt - 11/20/2020 05:12 PM  
Keyword
 11/20/2020 11:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
revier

I use a Dragon Professional Individual (version 15.30) with a new Speechware 3-in-1 TableMike. I primarily use Dragon to dictate emails in Outlook.  Every day the TableMike will work fine for a while, and then stop working for no apparent reason. In order to get the mic to respond again, I have to either unplug the TableMike USB and plug it back in, or close the Dragon application and then reopen. It will work fine for awhile, then stop responding again.  When the TableMike stops responding to my dictation, I am unable to dictate in DragonPad as well. 

My Dell destop computer is brand-new, with an Intel Core i7 processor and 16GB of RAM. I run Windows 10.

I have tried different USB ports that doesn't resolve the problem.

I also tried to create a different user profile in Dragon. That did not resolve the problem. 

The Nuance tech support folks tell me the problem lies with the TableMike, not their software, because when I go into the sound settings in Windows 10 and test the microphone it does not respond.

Thanks in advance for suggestions. 

11/20/2020 11:46 AM

Author Icon
revier

BTW I have waited up to 5 minutes or so to see if this is a temporary freezing issue and have never been able to get the mic to start responding without unplugging the USB cable or re-starting Dragon.
 11/20/2020 05:12 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome (See Mission Statement)

Nuance outsourced support is often equivalent to panning for gold in your own shower.  We additionally doubt they even know about DPI 15.61 and that's a good reason to purchase from professional Dragon resellers rather than the manufacturer or unlicensed resellers. DPI 15.3 frequently freezes.  We averaged 8 - 10 freezes per day. You can put an end to all that by installing DPI 15.61.

If that doesn't fix your problem, you may have an issue with your computer's motherboard dropping USB connections; assuming you are using a direct USB port. Of course the last possibility is a defect in your 3-in-1 microphone but when a 3-in-1 microphone fails, it usually fails completely rather than functioning for a few minutes and then dropping out.

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

Statistics
31935 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 524 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 527 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.