Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Top AHK Hotkeys for Dragon Medical Users   - ax - 12/28/2020 02:56 AM  
Keyword
 12/28/2020 02:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ax
Top-Tier Member

This topic is a bit ambitious.  But it's Boxing Week Lockdown in Ontario.  Let's engage in a little curbside pickup ... and exchange of ideas.

Voice-everything is sometimes a physical necessity.  But for many it is a voice/keyboard integrated approach that is most desirable.

AutoHotKey is no stranger to many who frequent this place.  Let's quote a random radiologist who posts online: https://arjunsharmarad.wordpress.com/2016/04/26/automation-ii-global-hotkeys/

Anyhow.  For those who use Dragon, what are the "top 3 hotkeys" in terms of usefulness?

Mine are:

1.  By far, it is this:

MButton:: Send, {BACKSPACE}

With your left hand near the push-to-talk key or holding the dictaphone, and right hand on the mouse, how do you delete things?  Yes there is "select-and-say" and "scrach that".  Say "scratch that" 10 times vs pressing middle mouse button 10 times.  If I have to use one hotkey and one hotkey only, it will be this.  Mind you X-mouse and 25 other utilities can do this, too.  Xmouse is even portable.  But why use those when AHK is here and now?

^d::

Clipboard =

Send, ^c  

ClipWait, 2

Clipboard := RegExReplace(Clipboard, "m)[[:blank:]]+$", "") ; Trim any space or tab at the end of each line, line by line. 
    Clipboard := RegExReplace(Clipboard, "(.)(\R)(.)", "$1 $3") ; Remove single CRLF. 
    Clipboard := RegExReplace(Clipboard, "\R{3,}", "`r`n`r`n") ; Condense 3 or more CRLFs to 2 CRLFs. 
    Sleep, 100
    Send, ^v
Return

Above are the first 3 regular expression operations in an otherwise more elaborate post-processing script for non-select-and-say paragraphs where punctuations are spaced incorrectly and capitalization after period may be missing.  The first 3 deal with the irksome single CRLF (badly placed "hard returns").

^q::

Clipboard =

Send, ^c  

ClipWait, 2

Clipboard := RegExReplace(Clipboard, "^([[:blank:]]*)(\S.*\S)([[:blank:]]*)$", "$1""$2""$3") ; Add quotes around statements.

Sleep, 100
    Send, ^v

Return

This one just puts phrases in quotes post-hoc (or just as easily, brackets - I am a little tired of the Dragon "left parenthesis" and "right parenthesis").  

Later time permiting, I wouldn't mind bringing up a couple of AHK-based autotexting "apps" for physicians.  There is an on-screen tool I very heavily adapted (with much help from the author of this "Toolbar Creator"), and another called TypingAid (very slick and exceedingly fast).  Both can be programmed to switch pronouns through hotkey.  TypingAid also requires customization at the source file level to work for me.

This is where some degree of voice-driving could be useful, as the current dime-and-a-dozen boiler plate utilities including Dragon's own are way too limiting and slow, and unwieldy.

I think this illustrious forum is giving me some ideas, perhaps through WSR macros or Vocola 3.  If someone has any concrete thoughts or products in mind do please share.  And thanks in advance.

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » DMPE, DMO and EMRs » Top AHK Hotkeys for Dragon Medical Users

Statistics
31936 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 451 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 451 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.