'spell' command   - Lunis Orcutt - 11/05/2020 02:25 PM  
 'spell' command   - rob - 11/05/2020 03:21 PM  
 'spell' command   - Lunis Orcutt - 11/06/2020 01:06 PM  
Keyword
 05/25/2020 03:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Anandits

I might be overlooking it somewhere, but am looking for a simple command to force spelling inside a non-supportive dragon environment. Like in this forum! I want to be able to say 'spell t a p' to get 'tap'.  ( rather than getting "spell T AP" or something else – I don't want things capitalised and i don't want spaces). 

most likely the command  is somewhere, but I can't get it working. if this is not yet a no-brainer command, any tips for how to create one? 

05/25/2020 09:34 AM

Author Icon
Edgar
Top-Tier Member

I last grabbed the newest KnowBrainer Commands file on 4 May 2020; the commands you are looking for is "Spell…"

42: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

53: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

67: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

84: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

104: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

127: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

153: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

182: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

214: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

249: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

287: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

328: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

Open the KnowBrainer sidebar and look for the Global commands which start with "Spell"; there are 12 of them.

-------------------------

-Edgar
DPI 15.3, 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, OpenOffice & Office 365, Norton Security, Shure X2U XLR to USB mic adapter with Audio Technica DB135 vocal mic, Asus X299-Deluxe Prime, Intel Core i9-7940X (14 core, 4.3 GHz overclocked to 4.9 GHz), G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3333 (PC4 26600) F4-3333C16Q-64GTZ, NVIDIA GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 GV-N1060G1 GAMING-6GD REV 2.0 6GB graphics card with 3 1920x1080 monitors

05/25/2020 10:22 AM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Here's an alternative way of spelling in speech unfriendly applications for Speech Productivity users using the Dictation Box Tiny (you can use a similar approach with Notepad, but that's less elegant and less safe . Of course you need to have the "Spell commands bring up Spelling Window" enabled in Dragon Options. 

Double-click any existing SP DVC voice command in Command Browser, click "Create New" and make the following command application specific to "Microsoft Edge"

Spell

AppBringUp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Speech Productivity\dictation box tiny\Dictation Box.exe"

HeardWord "spell"

Make the following command application specific to "Dragon"

Apply

SendSystemKeys "{Enter}"

HeardWord "click","TRANSFER"

Here is a short DEMONSTRATION VIDEO

www.speechproductivity.eu 

Auto Box - SP Editor - HyperNotes - Pause Reminder - Speaker - Quick Correct - Easy Guide to Dragon Scripting

05/25/2020 11:55 AM

Author Icon
Anandits

Originally posted by: Edgar I last grabbed the newest KnowBrainer Commands file on 4 May 2020; the commands you are looking for is "Spell…"

thanks for that, I did look for 'spell' under global commands, but I couldn't find it – and still can't.

I have kb build 10.23.2019 - I must be outdated. 

05/25/2020 05:57 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

We changed the previous KnowBrainer global Spell <AllCapsAlphabet> to Code <AllCapsAlphabet> because we didn't want it to interfere with Dragon's spell<noCapsAlphabet>  command which handles lowercase spelling very nicely. However, when you are dictating a model number, serial number, automobile number etc. you want all capital letters and numbers. When you are spelling a word, you probably want lowercase.

We recommend installing KnowBrainer Commands Updater to get up and stay up-to-date

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

11/05/2020 11:57 AM

rob
Top-Tier Member

Hi,

I have not updated my commands file in a while so haven't tried those commands. For Code do you just say "Code abc" to get ABC?

For the Dragon command spell is it listed anywhere because I don't see it?

Also when I say spell without seeing anything afterwards it brings up the spell window even though I have unchecked the box in Dragon options "Spell" commands bring up spelling window. 

Any idea how to stop this?

Thanks,
Rob

Dragon Professional Group 15.6 with knowbrainer 2017 professional and speech start.

11/05/2020 12:51 PM

rob
Top-Tier Member

Actually it depends on the situation if I have notepad or word open and I say "spell" it brings up the spelling window. But effort example I am using Microsoft edge it will bring up the spelling window if I am using the quick reply box on this forum but not the address bar.

Why the inconsistent behaviour?

I disabled the knowbrainer spell command that I have which is old to try this out.

Dragon Professional Group 15.6 with knowbrainer 2017 professional and speech start.

11/05/2020 02:25 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Begin by removing the checkmark from “Spell” commands bring up Spelling Window in your Dragon Options/Correction tab (which is not a default setting).

If you wish to dictate letters in lowercase, use the Dragon spell <letters & numbers> command which you won't find because it is internally hardcoded. Nevertheless, it should work very well. If you need dictate letters in UPPERCASE (typically used for parts and codes), we recommend the KnowBrainer Code <LETTERS & numbers> command.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

11/05/2020 03:21 PM

rob
Top-Tier Member

Hi,

As I said in my post I have already removed the checkmark from "spell" commands bring up spelling window in Dragon options.

It depends on the situation if I have notepad or word open and I say "spell" it brings up the spelling window. But for example I am using Microsoft edge it will bring up the spelling window if I am using the quick reply box on this forum but not the address bar.

11/06/2020 01:06 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Sorry, our previous answer was incomplete. Once you have removed the checkmark, you should be able to say spell <letters> anywhere for direct lowercase single letter dictation but do not say the word spell, by itself, because it will open the Dragon Spell That Window in Microsoft Word and DragonPad. We are not certain why Nuance chose to implement this oddity but it's easy enough to work around; not to mention more efficient. Don't say the word spell by itself because it is an application-specific command. Simply use the more practical Spell <letters> command.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Commands, Scripts, and Macros - KnowBrainer » 'spell' command

Statistics
31891 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 581 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 581 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.