KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Recover Bob (Commands & Vocabulary)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/15/2022 06:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Recover Bob (Commands & Vocabulary)   - Robert Snow - 03/15/2022 06:56 PM  
 Recover Bob (Commands & Vocabulary)   - Alan Cantor - 03/15/2022 08:06 PM  
 Recover Bob (Commands & Vocabulary)   - Lunis Orcutt - 03/15/2022 08:14 PM  
Keyword
 03/15/2022 06:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Robert Snow
Top-Tier Member

My user profile is "Bob". For some reason I came to work this morning and it was not offered in my profile setting. So I need to somehow create "Bob".

Following is a  list of my Opus Locations for my Dragon files. I would like to find and use my custom commands and also my vocabulary list. For that matter I would just like to recover all my previous work in Dragon for Bob. I had it set up to Back up every 3 times of use so some where there should be a back up.

Here is the location of a temp user I just set up. C:\Users\ameri\AppData\Local\Nuance\NS15\Users\RHS ToDay - 03/15/22

I'm including my directory structure of the Dragon files:

How would I have gotten the BadUsers and what would the value be to me?

Bob

-------------------------

Robert Snow
Germantown, WI

03/15/2022 08:06 PM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

I hope you'll be able to restore "Bob" from backup:

DragonBar > Profile > Restore User Profile

(The location of "Restore User Profile" might be in a slightly different location. But if you check the menus, you'll find it.)

If you are successful, the first thing I would do is export your custom words and custom commands. With these two files, you will be ready, if it becomes necessary, to create a new profile that incorporates all of your customizations.
 03/15/2022 08:14 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

If Alan's PREFERRED recommendation doesn't work, consider the following 3 alternatives:

1. This is exactly why you should only use Dragon 15.61's default location, which is %LOCALAPPDATA%\Nuance\NS15\Users\ If you use the default location, your profile will never be lost. If your Dragon location map becomes corrupted, as we suspect, it would still find your user profile in the default directory. Additionally, if you have updated your KnowBrainer 2017 to the latest commands, or purchased the KnowBrainer 2020 Upgrade you can just say Open Users to open this location.

2. If #1 doesn't apply, we suspect that you have moved your user profile to another location and Dragon's location map has simply been overwritten. If this is the case, the next time you attempt to open your user profile, click the Browse button and look for the addresses you suspect. From your PNG, it looks like you can findyour user profile.

3. If #2 doesn't apply, you will have to perform a Search through File Explorer or a third party file manger utility. Once you have found your user profile, simply feed that address into Dragon's Open User / Browse button.

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

Statistics
32324 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 340 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 340 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.