DMPE vs Professional individual   - Lunis Orcutt - 01/04/2021 01:18 PM  
 DMPE vs Professional individual   - Charlie - 01/07/2021 04:47 PM  
Keyword
 01/04/2021 09:28 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Charlie

I need some advice.

I use Dragon medical practice edition for work. I was using the online version but thankfully was able to switch to DMPE. My advice is to avoid the online version it was horrible.

Dragon medical practice edition 4.3 has version 15.5

--

Personal things on my home computer I have been using

Dragon Professional Individual version 15.3

I noted today know-brainer has Dragon Professional Individual version 15.61

I did check for updates to my professional individual version but Nuance did not have a update.

My question is whats everyones experience using 2 types of dragon. I am thinking just use DMPE for home and work. I haven’t noted a lot of difference. There was some talk awhile back about open ended commands but I haven’t seen much about it.

And does anyone know why the professional individual version doesn’t have an update?

01/04/2021 01:18 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Dragon's Check for Updates only looks for patches and even that doesn't work half the time. Nuance will probably release a patch at some point but there's never a guarantee. We offer the Ver. 15.61 download w/Installation/User Guide (including details on fixing 3 dozen sandtraps) but since you already own DMPE 4.3, it makes more sense to copy your user profile and install it on your home computer. Nuance allocates 4 activations.

PS: We are running DMPE 4.3 on one computer and DPG 15.61 on another computer (same as DPI 15.61 with a few additional perks that are of no value to most end users). Our accuracy is slightly lower in DMPE; even though we are using a general large vocabulary. The same vocabulary seems to be slightly more accurate in DPG 15.61 but we suspect the opposite might be true for you, if you are using a Medical vocabulary. We recommend installing DMPE 4 at home

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

01/07/2021 04:47 PM

Author Icon
Charlie

Thx.

I was finding it hard to see exact differences between DMPE and the pro version.

Accuracy seems the same to me.

Unsure if any other differences that I can tell.

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » General Topics / Other » DMPE vs Professional individual

Statistics
31950 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 803 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 803 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.