"?" in wrong font in MS Outlook   - bethannon2 - 01/19/2021 06:01 PM  
 "?" in wrong font in MS Outlook   - Lunis Orcutt - 01/20/2021 11:35 AM  
 "?" in wrong font in MS Outlook   - bethannon2 - 01/20/2021 01:48 PM  
Keyword
 01/19/2021 06:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bethannon2

I have edited the default "?" in the vocabulary editor only to make sure that it only has one space following. Dictation of "question mark" seems to work fine everywhere except MS Outlook. In Outlook emails, dictated "?" is in a smaller and different font. Here's a screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/zjKqBnr.png

My default font is Calibri 11px, and the "?" appears as MS Sans Serif 8px. Then of course every character after the "?" is in that smaller font.

What could possibly be causing this punctuation mark to change fonts? I'm just not able to find any troubleshooting that helps.

-------------------------
Bet Hannon

bhmbizsites.com

01/20/2021 11:35 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome (See Mission Statement)

Do you dictate a sentence, pause and then dictate a question-mark separately? If so, try dictating your entire sentence with the checkmark (without pausing).

We suspect you have accidentally created a Text & Graphics command which simply types ?. Try searching for this command and deleting it. Additionally, when creating Text & Graphics commands, which simply enter text, remember to add a checkmark to the lower right corner Plain Text box, which will also eliminate this problem.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

01/20/2021 01:48 PM

Author Icon
bethannon2

YES!!! This solved it!  

I had created a Text & Graphics command to type a "?", but totally forgotten about that. I had been having a lot of trouble with Dragon not recognizing me saying "question mark". It would type out "Russian mark" instead. I tried all kinds of things before finally thinking that I could create a new vocabulary item "Russian mark" and have Dragon type out "?".

Instead of deleting the Text & Graphics command, I simply followed your suggestion to tick the box for plain text. 

Thanks so much for sharing your expertise!

Bet Hannon

bhmbizsites.com
KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » General Topics / Other » "?" in wrong font in MS Outlook

Statistics
31950 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 723 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 724 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.