KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Natlink.pyd/Natlink.dll ported to Python 3?
Topic Summary: Natlink.pyd/Natlink.dll ported to Python 3?
Created On: 10/05/2020 11:59 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Natlink.pyd/Natlink.dll ported to Python 3?   - reckoner - 10/05/2020 11:59 AM  
 Natlink.pyd/Natlink.dll ported to Python 3?   - R. Wilke - 10/05/2020 12:10 PM  
 Natlink.pyd/Natlink.dll ported to Python 3?   - reckoner - 10/05/2020 12:29 PM  
 Natlink.pyd/Natlink.dll ported to Python 3?   - R. Wilke - 10/05/2020 01:26 PM  
 Natlink.pyd/Natlink.dll ported to Python 3?   - reckoner - 10/05/2020 01:45 PM  
 Natlink.pyd/Natlink.dll ported to Python 3?   - haughki - 10/05/2020 03:37 PM  
 Natlink.pyd/Natlink.dll ported to Python 3?   - alexander - 12/02/2020 10:38 PM  
 Natlink.pyd/Natlink.dll ported to Python 3?   - R. Wilke - 12/03/2020 12:18 PM  
 Natlink.pyd/Natlink.dll ported to Python 3?   - PG LTU - 10/06/2020 10:51 AM  
 Natlink.pyd/Natlink.dll ported to Python 3?   - R. Wilke - 10/06/2020 06:24 PM  
 Natlink.pyd/Natlink.dll ported to Python 3?   - LexiconCode - 10/08/2020 09:51 PM  
 Natlink.pyd/Natlink.dll ported to Python 3?   - quintijn - 10/13/2020 08:57 AM  
 Natlink.pyd/Natlink.dll ported to Python 3?   - dougransom - 12/09/2020 09:33 PM  
 Natlink.pyd/Natlink.dll ported to Python 3?   - alexander - 12/18/2020 08:33 PM  
Keyword
 10/05/2020 11:59 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

reckoner

Hi,

Does anybody know if the Natlink.pyd/Natlink.dll has been ported to Python 3? I'd like to get a hold of the Visual Studio project file, if possible.

Thanks!

10/05/2020 12:10 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

reckoner,

I suggest that you contact Quintijn directly via email. I am sure that you have his address, or else let me know.

-------------------------

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

10/05/2020 12:29 PM

reckoner

OK. I emailed Quintijn (and you) last week, but I don't know if my emails are getting spam-blocked or something?  

10/05/2020 01:26 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

I did receive your email last week, but since I cannot be of help any longer, I did not respond. I am no longer part of the NatLink team, and they have moved on to something new, after discussing things with me, and I certainly did not want to spend so much time on it once more on integrating with Python 3.

I shed a tear when I turned my back on it kissed mv baby good-bye, asking them to take good care of it. From what I have seen, on and off, it seems that they think that a complete overhaul of the basics is needed. Anyway, the new guy is a youngster, really. Too much deprecated C like stuff left over, or something to that extent. Not sure where they are at now. Quintijn should know.

As far as I am concerned, the childhood days still go on, alive and kicking!

DragonCapture Homepage

10/05/2020 01:45 PM

reckoner

Sorry to hear that. Most people may not know how *crucial* your contributions have been. On the other hand, I understand it's a lot of work.  I will follow-up with Quintijn again. Now that Python 2.7 has reached its end of life, moving to Python 3 is inevitable, and we still have some time to get it right ( hopefully ).

Thanks again for all your great hard work over the years!

10/05/2020 03:37 PM

Author Icon
haughki
Power Member

Originally posted by: reckoner Sorry to hear that. Most people may not know how *crucial* your contributions have been....

I couldn't agree more. Many, many thanks to you Rüdiger.

12/02/2020 10:38 PM

Author Icon
alexander
Advanced Member

Originally posted by: haughki
Originally posted by: reckoner Sorry to hear that. Most people may not know how *crucial* your contributions have been....

Late to this thread, but Rüdiger, absolutely agree. Thank you for your contribution to this, you have given more than you know!  Looking forward to the next generation, but always remember an appreciate the legacy you have contributed!  

Quintijn, and LexiconCode, a great thank you for continuing this work!

12/03/2020 12:18 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: alexander
Originally posted by: haughki

Late to this thread, but Rüdiger, absolutely agree. Thank you for your contribution to this, you have given more than you know!  Looking forward to the next generation, but always remember an appreciate the legacy you have contributed!  

Quintijn, and LexiconCode, a great thank you for continuing this work!

Alexander, it is never too late for being kind. Thank you very much indeed. It has been my pleasure and a great learning experience for as long as a decade. The thought that Joel put this all together within just a couple of months always gives me shivers down my spine.

DragonCapture Homepage

10/06/2020 10:51 AM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Count me in on the heartfelt thanks, too, RĂ¼diger!

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

10/06/2020 06:24 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Thank you very much, everyone, this is much appreciated.

DragonCapture Homepage

10/08/2020 09:51 PM

Author Icon
LexiconCode
Power Member

For those that are interested in development the repository can be found here.
https://github.com/dictation-toolbox/natlink

The gitter chat group
https://gitter.im/dictation-toolbox/natlink?source=orgpage

As for status as a project it's not officially released. There some work to be done yet but I am successfully running on Python 3 with natlink.

10/13/2020 08:57 AM

Author Icon
quintijn
Top-Tier Member

Hi, here my late response. I agree with and support the remarks from and to Rüdiger of course, and I stay in contact with him every now and then.

About the python 3 experimental version, there are some instructions on https://qh.antenna.nl/unimacro/installation/installationexperimentalversionpython3.html,

and also on github https://github.com/dictation-toolbox/natlink, and one level higher the whole collection of dictation-toolbox repositories 

and the gitter channels https://gitter.im/dictation-toolbox/natlink and others.

See also a scheme of the different tools that are provided with the dictation-toolbox in https://dictation-toolbox.github.io/dictation-toolbox.org/ which is also the start of a dictation-toolbox.org website.

Greetings, Quintijn

12/09/2020 09:33 PM

Author Icon
dougransom
Power Member

I have been using  Python 3 version of Unimacro/natlink/vocola.  It seems to run pretty well though you need to be able to clone git repositories to get it running.

installation experimental version python3 (antenna.nl)

Doug Ransom

12/18/2020 08:33 PM

Author Icon
alexander
Advanced Member

wow that is great to hear, congratulations to the team for getting that done! I can only imagine how much work that was!
Statistics
31886 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 379 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 379 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.