KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: microphone monitor to help with voice strain?
Topic Summary: Looking for software that can track my mic usage and suggest breaks
Created On: 12/15/2020 12:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 microphone monitor to help with voice strain?   - haughki - 12/15/2020 12:29 PM  
 microphone monitor to help with voice strain?   - mobleguy - 12/15/2020 02:08 PM  
 microphone monitor to help with voice strain?   - dilligence - 12/15/2020 03:24 PM  
 microphone monitor to help with voice strain?   - mobleguy - 12/15/2020 07:11 PM  
Keyword
 12/15/2020 12:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
haughki
Power Member

This seems like a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any software out there that can track microphone usage and alert or suggest a break time after a certain amount of usage? I use Workpace for my keyboard usage, I love it, and I'm wondering if there's something similar for microphone usage?

12/15/2020 02:08 PM

Author Icon
mobleguy
Power Member

I know that Speech Productivity's Pro 6 has a "break" reminder.  But I do not know if it is monitoring your mic or if it is monitoring your time active with the software. I thought it was an attractive addition to their software.  The creators are active here. http://www.speechproductivity.eu/SP6PRO.html#features10-ay

Depending on what you are inputting into, there might be some sort of word count monitor that could be used.  Come to think about it, SP Pro 6 also has a backup feature that makes a copy of what you dictate into a text file. There might be a program that automatically monitors that text file for when you reach a specific size or a specific word count?

Otherwise, the auto hot key community might have something to monitor and trigger.

12/15/2020 03:24 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Thanks for mentioning this mobleguy.

The SP Pause Reminder window will come up (in fullscreen if you like) upon breaks and puts your microphone to sleep. After the break the program hides and the microphone will be woken again. You can set Work and Break intervals.

The Backup Text File mobleguy is referring to is part of the All-In-One Dictation Box Backup feature: 

But it will only work while using the AIO DB of course. 

"There might be a program that automatically monitors that text file for when you reach a specific size or a specific word count?"

This is a very interesting concept. I'm thinking about a global utility that will monitor the total amount of dictation from the moment the computer was booted and then attaches some actions to it (message boxes, microphone to sleep, shutting down Dragon for the real stubborn user . Etc.

I'll redirect this post to my programmer, see what he thinks of it.

Rob

-------------------------

www.speechproductivity.eu 

Auto Box - SP Editor - HyperNotes - Hotkeys for Dragon - Quick Correct - Press Utility - Easy Guide to Dragon Scripting

12/15/2020 07:11 PM

Author Icon
mobleguy
Power Member

Dilligence , You are welcome. Glad you found the text file idea inspiring. I have never been at a lack for ideas

Haughki... Another (likely easier) root compared to monitoring the text files, would be to have a script monitoring dragon's mic on/ mic off /sleep. In theory, it seems possible that an alarm could be set to go off when the Mic "on" time reach some sort of threshold.

Statistics
31938 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 378 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 379 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.