KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: How to disable the "yes captain" nonsense
Topic Summary: how do I disable "yes captain" when I say computer
Created On: 11/23/2020 02:18 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 How to disable the "yes captain" nonsense   - nogods - 11/23/2020 02:18 PM  
 How to disable the "yes captain" nonsense   - Mphillipson - 11/23/2020 02:51 PM  
 How to disable the "yes captain" nonsense   - PG LTU - 11/23/2020 03:25 PM  
 How to disable the   - Mphillipson - 11/23/2020 03:32 PM  
 How to disable the   - PG LTU - 11/23/2020 03:38 PM  
 How to disable the "yes captain" nonsense   - Lunis Orcutt - 11/23/2020 05:49 PM  
 How to disable the   - Tiger Feet - 11/26/2020 11:59 AM  
Keyword
 11/23/2020 02:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
nogods

I need to dictate the word "computer" into text documents, but every time I say "computer" I just hear "yes captain".  How do I turn that off so dragon will just type "computer"? 

11/23/2020 02:51 PM

Author Icon
Mphillipson
Top-Tier Member

After issuing the command, switch to KnowBrainer without using a KnowBrainer command, and the last command used should be selected in the list.

Then just press Delete, and confirm.

You could also disable the command but I don't really see the point, unless you wanted to re-enable it at a later time.

-------------------------

Thanks Mark

Dragon Professional Advanced Scripting/KnowBrainer Scripts
Video Examples of Coding by Voice

11/23/2020 03:25 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

I doubt that. To me it sounds much more like a customization to the "Asleep" state "wake up" commands. If I am right, it only happens when the mic is sleeping.  It would have to be edited in your system.dvc (unencrypted) file. Did you perchance apply the Mouse Grid fix (this is a (for most folks) a welcome additional feature)?

If there really is a command floating around, for now, just say "computer" in the context of a multi-word phrase, or if you need literally just the one word, say any of the following:
no space computer (perhaps preceded by "press space")
no caps computer
cap computer

Hth,

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

11/23/2020 03:32 PM

Author Icon
Mphillipson
Top-Tier Member

11/23/2020 03:38 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Ah hah. After I posted, I realized that if the OP was dictating when this happens, Dragon was not asleep.

So probably the KB "verify I am awake" command called "Computer" responds with a text to voice result that used to be "yes captain" but is now "working"?

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

11/23/2020 05:49 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Computer is a KnowBrainer command. If you say the word by itself, KnowBrainer responds with “yes Captain”. When possible, do not dictate single words because you are asking for trouble. For beginners, Dragon does not get to take advantage of BestMatch. When you are correcting or editing a word, it's best to include a few words with it. Dragon is more accurate when using several words. If you have to dictate a single word, it's best to get into the habit of either saying something like Cap Computer or no-caps computer which guarantees your dictation will not be confused with a command.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

11/26/2020 11:59 AM

Author Icon
Tiger Feet
Top-Tier Member

I did what Mark suggested and disabled it ages ago. Just find "Computer" in the KnowBrainer Disable / Enable Utilities section. To find it assuming you have KnowBrainer enabled and you haven't got the KB sidebar up, just say, "Show Sidebar." Then click on "Manage Commands" at the bottom of the KB sidebar and then click, "Disable / Enable. Then, find "Computer" in the list, (make sure you are in Global Commands when you are looking for it.) it is fairly near the top because everything is in alphabetical order.

Once you have found it, make sure the "Computer" box to the left of it is checked and "Computer" is highlighted.

Then, it is a simple matter of clicking the arrow pointing to the "Disabled Commands" window. Once "Computer" is in the disabled commands window, just click "Save Changes" at the bottom and then click "Finish."

You will then be able to say, "computer" as many times as you want. It will then be simply dictated out on the screen as that and no more "Yes Captain."

Cheers

Tiger Feet

| DPG 15.61 | KnowBrainer 2017 | Windows 10 Professional /64 Bit | Intel® Core™ i9 Ten-Core Processor i9-10900K (3.7GHz) 20MB Cache |  32GB RAM. | 250GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe SSD (up to 3500MB/R, 2300MB/W) Boot Drive | 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe SSD (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W) Storage Drive | Sennheiser D10 USB Wireless Microphone

Statistics
31891 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 573 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 573 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.