DPI uses version 13 speech ehgine   - Rag - 09/07/2015 02:03 AM  
 DPI uses version 13 speech ehgine   - R. Wilke - 09/07/2015 04:50 AM  
 DPI uses version 13 speech ehgine   - monkey8 - 09/07/2015 09:34 AM  
Keyword
 09/07/2015 01:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Rag
Top-Tier Member

Not sure if this was officially known, but I saw Peter Mahoney confirm that on a Dragon users facebook page.

-------------------------

Ren Scott

09/07/2015 02:03 AM

Rag
Top-Tier Member

His quote in answer to a question was :
"Dragon Professional Individual uses the same speech recognition technology ("engine") as Dragon Premium 13. There are, however, significant feature differences between Dragon Premium 13 and Dragon Professional Individual. For example, DPI has all the Dragon Professional features for end users (without the network management and IT tools), including programmatic macros, vocabulary import/export, etc. In addition, it adds new features including improved transcription and most notably, connectivity to the cloud and Dragon Anywhere."

Ren Scott

09/07/2015 04:50 AM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Rag,

mrec.dll which is the core of the recognizer, is the same Version number both in DNS 13 and in DPI, and the Folders

Data\enx\am
Data\enx\lm

which is where the acoustic model and the language model reside are the same.

Basically, it is the first time ever that we are charged for a service pack. Considering that it is a downgrade rather than an upgrade because of a loss of features from the perspective of a DNS 13 Pro user, it is an offer which I will clearly refuse. And no, I don't particularly fancy Windows 10 and Office 2016 support, or the Dragon Anywhere facility.

Waiting to see what Dragon Professional Group will bring, but if comes out along the same lines, I think I'll continue by skipping this "version upgrade" altogether.

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

09/07/2015 09:34 AM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Rag Not sure if this was officially known, but I saw Peter Mahoney confirm that on a Dragon users facebook page.

I reported this on the opening post of the thread at the top of the page back on 27 August.  The info was from Nuance Development.

Similarities include:

It's the same speech engine and pretty much the same UI

Basically RW is correct in terms of Professional users.  You are being charged for a downgrade.  No RDP/roaming users.  As I also said at the time its 13.5 by another name without the networking which should have come free.  Also Office 16 support and windows 10 support should have been included with 13.5 (14) free of charge in my opinion.

For Premium users at US$99.99 it's a good deal but only if you need the extra facilities offered by Professional.  At pcbyvoice we have only sold DNS 14 as an upgrade to Premium.

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Dragon Speech Recognition » DPI uses version 13 speech ehgine

Statistics
31827 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 480 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 481 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.