KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: DPI 15.6 issue when importing list of words or phrases
Topic Summary: Some words or phrases are not being added when importing a .txt file
Created On: 11/18/2020 09:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 DPI 15.6 issue when importing list of words or phrases   - Ashley - 11/18/2020 09:40 PM  
 DPI 15.6 issue when importing list of words or phrases   - Alan Cantor - 11/18/2020 10:50 PM  
 DPI 15.6 issue when importing list of words or phrases   - Ashley - 11/19/2020 05:02 PM  
 DPI 15.6 issue when importing list of words or phrases   - Mav - 11/19/2020 01:31 AM  
 DPI 15.6 issue when importing list of words or phrases   - PG LTU - 11/19/2020 06:00 PM  
 DPI 15.6 issue when importing list of words or phrases   - Stephan Kuepper - 11/20/2020 03:24 AM  
 DPI 15.6 issue when importing list of words or phrases   - monkey8 - 11/20/2020 08:22 AM  
 DPI 15.6 issue when importing list of words or phrases   - Ashley - 11/23/2020 09:25 PM  
 DPI 15.6 issue when importing list of words or phrases   - Alan Cantor - 11/23/2020 10:18 PM  
Keyword
 11/18/2020 09:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Ashley

I import names and phrases by typing them up in a .txt file and importing them.  Since upgrading to 15.6, I have noticed that some of the words and phrases are not being added.  They are simple words without any special characters or formatting, and they are not breaking any of the "rules" that may cause Dragon to not add a word or phrase.  I ran the same list through 15.3 on another computer and Dragon added them.  I was wondering if anyone else experienced this in 15.6.  

Ashley

11/18/2020 10:50 PM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

I imported a list of words and phrases into a new Version 15.6 profile not too long ago. All of the words made it.

I haven't tried yet with 15.61.

Can you give a few examples of words and phrases that Dragon failed to import?
 11/19/2020 05:02 PM

Ashley

Alan,

Thank you for your reply.  They were names.  For example, two of the names that Dragon wouldn't add are Edwin Shorty and Mister Shorty.  If I manually add them through Vocabulary Editor, Dragon will add them.  When I imported that same list on my computer that is running DPI 15.3, they both were added.

Mav,

Thank you for your reply.  This is a fairly new profile that has not been used very much.  It was created less than two months ago.  I do have other profiles that I can try and see if it happens on...I will test that out.  Thanks.  I am going to upgrade to the 15.6.1 and see if maybe it was a glitch in 15.6.

Thank you both!

Ashley

11/19/2020 01:31 AM

Author Icon
Mav
Top-Tier Member

Hi!

I've also had a similar problem a while ago, I think it was with DLG 15.5.

While I could not find any pattern which words could be imported and which could not and while Nuance also wasn't very helpful in pinpointing the exact reason, I found several error messages in my Dragon.log file whenever I tried importing my list.

They informed me that the pronunciation guesser (appears as "PG" in the log file) was unable to find a (good enough?) pronunciation for some of the words.

Strangely enough, I could not import these words even into a fresh vocabulary, so I thought it to be a bug in Dragon itself.

Turned out that my speaker profile was the culprit.

Once I tried importing the exact same word list into a new speaker profile, all words got imported flawlessly.

Perhaps you can also try creating a new profile and test whether you can import all of your words into this profile.

hth,

mav

11/19/2020 06:00 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Could you try it with express spoken form like this:

Edwin Shorty\Edwin Shorty
Mister Shorty\Mister Shorty

and let us know,

-------------------------

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

11/20/2020 03:24 AM

Author Icon
Stephan Kuepper
Top-Tier Member

Sometimes the devil is in the details. If you have inadvertently spelled "Mister Shorty" with a double space between the two parts, that might cause an error, particularly in the spoken form. Do a global search and replace in the word list to remove all double spaces.

Hope that helps, Stephan

www.egs-vertrieb.de - www.spracherkennungscloud.de

11/20/2020 08:22 AM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Why don't you add them by using "Add Word" and then save your user profile and then export a list of words and phrases to a text file and then use that text file from this point forwards for adding more words. Alternatively see if there is any difference in the exported text file in terms of your names compared to your composed text file. If you find that the Add Word dialogue will not allow you to add them either then it will tell you why.

11/23/2020 09:25 PM

Ashley

Thank you for your replies. It is not an issue of having two spaces or anything like that. I checked that when I first noticed that they were not importing. Also, I can import the same list in 15.3 and it will work. I don't want to use the "Add Word" feature to add the words because it ends up taking too long. I am a court reporter and import lists of names and phrases for different cases, and it is easier and faster for me to import a list as opposed to individually add them. I can also refer back to that list when I want to clean up my dictionary and delete those names. (I have thousands of custom words and phrases.) I noticed that a few of the phrases that didn't import had an individual name or word in them that wasn't in Dragon. I'm wondering if 15.6 won't add a phrase unless each word is in the dictionary already. I will have to test that out. Thanks again for your replies and suggestions!

Ashley
 11/23/2020 10:18 PM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

I'm wondering if 15.6 won't add a phrase unless each word is in the dictionary already.

I don't think that's it. I recently created a new profile and imported a list of words, including this one:

panniers\\pan nyays

"Pan" is obviously a word. But I'm fairly certain "nyays" is not!

I just checked the Vocabulary Editor, and it's there, along with several other non-word pronunciations.

(I never realized until now that I pronounce "panniers" in a hybrid English/French word...)
Statistics
31893 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 531 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 532 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.