KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: DNS 12 Premium will not open (but it has opened until today)
Topic Summary: DNS 12 Premium will not open (but it has opened until today)
Created On: 11/09/2021 07:43 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 11/09/2021 07:43 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Captain

Out of the blue, my DNS 12 Premium will not open.  When I press the Windows key and type in DNS (as I have in the past), my .rtf Word file appears but NOT my DNS app.

If someone can suggest a workaround, I would appreciate it.  (I had to do a System Restore on October 31.)  (I still have the installation disc and have already used it about 3-6 times.)

DNS 11-9-21.jpg
DNS 11-9-21.jpg  (34 KB)

11/09/2021 09:04 AM

Author Icon
Mav
Top-Tier Member

Why don't you just start DNS using its Desktop icon?

If everything else fails, you can simply navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking12\program and double click natspeak.exe.

hth

mav

11/09/2021 09:55 AM

Captain

Yes, clicking on the Desktop icon yielded the message in the first attachment.  Double-clicking on Nuance>Natural Speaking 13 yielded the message in the second attachment. I subsequently clicked on Program then natspeak.exe.  Dragon NaturallySpeaking opened, and I am now dictating this in the DragonPad.  Thank you.

11/09/2021 09:52 AM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

Since you prefer to start applications from by typing into the Start menu, you may need to change what you type. The restore may have messed up the index for the start menu. Try "dragon" or "natspeak." If one or both of these work, experiment to discover the fewest number of letters you need to type. For example, it may be sufficient to type "dr" followed by Enter. On my computer, typing "d" is all it takes to bring up Dragon. But it may be different on yours.
 11/09/2021 10:01 AM

Captain

<<Since you prefer to start applications from by typing into the Start menu, you may need to change what you type. The restore may have messed up the index for the start menu. Try "dragon" or "natspeak." If one or both of these work, experiment to discover the fewest number of letters you need to type. For example, it may be sufficient to type "dr" followed by Enter. On my computer, typing "d" is all it takes to bring up Dragon. But it may be different on yours.>>

Yes, I subsequently typed in Dragon and the app popped up.  Currently I'm going to not click on the icon because now DNS is running fine, and I don't want to mess with something that is working.  Thank you.

11/10/2021 02:06 AM

Author Icon
Mav
Top-Tier Member

Hi again!

I'm a bit confused because of the version mixup you're presenting here.

Initially you talked about Dragon 12, but the screenshots show Dragon 13.

Could it be that an upgrade has been rolled back during system restore?

To get a clean system, I'd suggest you remove the version you have installed right now and to perform a clean installation of the most recent Dragon version you own.

Or even do yourself a favor and ditch those ancient versions and get yourself a V15.

hth

mav

05/05/2022 08:35 AM

Captain

Originally posted by: Alan Cantor Since you prefer to start applications from by typing into the Start menu, you may need to change what you type. The restore may have messed up the index for the start menu. Try "dragon" or "natspeak." If one or both of these work, experiment to discover the fewest number of letters you need to type. For example, it may be sufficient to type "dr" followed by Enter. On my computer, typing "d" is all it takes to bring up Dragon. But it may be different on yours.

No, it's not different on mine.  (Typing in "DN" elicits a Word document that i created that starts with those letters.)

05/05/2022 04:07 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

It looks like you are using Ver. 13 rather than 12. You could try opening C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking13\Program\natspeak.exe (the executable) but if it doesn't work or you can't find the executable, you will need to reinstall. You probably won't find a Premium download on the Nuance website but we have it available through our Premium 13 offering which is a lifetime download. However, the best recommendation would be to purchase DPI 15.61 which includes complementary support, installation/training guide, updates and forever downloads. Unfortunately, there are no longer any Dragon upgrades for any previous versions of Dragon.

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

Statistics
32305 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 361 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 361 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.