KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Dragon sleeping when focus changes
Topic Summary: having DPI go to sleep when you change focus is a pain.
Created On: 03/04/2022 12:31 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Dragon sleeping when focus changes   - Allan H. - 03/04/2022 12:31 AM  
 Dragon sleeping when focus changes   - Alan Cantor - 03/04/2022 09:44 AM  
 Dragon sleeping when focus changes   - Lunis Orcutt - 03/04/2022 09:07 PM  
 Dragon sleeping when focus changes   - Allan H. - 03/05/2022 06:27 AM  
 Dragon sleeping when focus changes   - Allan H. - 04/28/2022 01:16 AM  
Keyword
 03/04/2022 12:31 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Allan H.
Power Member

guys,

I'm in the process of setting up a new PC and having DPI "go to sleep" every time the focus changes is a pain. I vaguely recall that it is possible to stop this happening.

(and I can't find it in the settings or in this forum anywhere)

Can someone let me know please.

Thanks very much,

Allan H

03/04/2022 09:44 AM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

Hi Allan,

If by "focus change" you mean switching from one program to another, or from one window to another, you're already set. Dragon doesn't enter sleep mode when focus moves from one window to another. Or at least it shouldn't, unless this is a feature in a Dragon version I haven't used or checked carefully.

There is a default setting that causes the microphone to go to sleep after five minutes of silence. This setting can be adjusted:

DragonBar > Tools > Options > Miscellaneous > Put the microphone to sleep after [number] minutes of silence.
 03/04/2022 09:07 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

The maximum time allowed is: DragonBar > Tools > Options > Miscellaneous > Put the microphone to sleep after [120] minutes of silence.

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

03/05/2022 06:27 AM

Allan H.
Power Member

guys,
that's what I love about online forums such as this one. An almost unlimited capacity to make yourself look silly.

For a few years now, I've used a setting of 35 minutes for the sleep time out. Works for me. Surely I hadn't forgotten to set it in this installation? No, correctly set at 35 minutes.

So what was the problem? All I needed to do was recreate the problem. Which I couldn't do.

This is a long response, but I suspect the problem was nothing more than spending far too much time trying to sort out new PC and transferring software issues. And I was exceeding the 35 minutes. And now that I'm paying attention to it, it's not an issue. False alarm. Thank you everyone for responding, and I'll try to do a bit more thorough fault finding before asking questions online.

Cheers,
Allan H

04/28/2022 01:16 AM

Allan H.
Power Member

guys,
I've been wrestling with this one for a few weeks now, and I'm not convinced it's me. Timeout set for 120 minutes. Every so often when I switch from one monitor to another DPI goes to sleep.

One of the habits I fell into using DPI was to make a go to sleep at the end of a period of dictating. And then "wake up" when I wanted to start again. It got to the point, I wasn't actually aware that I was doing it. Now I am paying attention, I'm not convinced that's the problem. It just happens occasionally and I just can't reproduce it...

Cheers,
Allan H
KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Dragon Speech Recognition » Dragon sleeping when focus changes

Statistics
32305 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 387 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 387 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.