KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: How to make the orange dot go away?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/09/2022 10:32 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 How to make the orange dot go away?   - mareid - 04/09/2022 10:32 PM  
 How to make the orange dot go away?   - Alan Cantor - 04/10/2022 11:53 AM  
 How to make the orange dot go away?   - mareid - 04/11/2022 09:52 PM  
Keyword
 04/09/2022 10:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mareid
Power Member

For some reason, one of the machines I use Dragon on has started displaying an orange dot in the upper-right-hand corner of the screen. I thought it had something to do with whether the application I was using was Dragon-friendly, but it does it in every application. The dot sits on top of all other windows. It goes away if I close Dragon or even if I turn off the microphone. I'm wondering if it has something to do with an audio quality indicator. If I use Dragon in the "docked to top" mode, it becomes part of the Dragon bar and clicking on it brings up the 'extras' bar.

In any case, I find it annoying and would like to get rid of it. I haven't been able to find the relevant setting. If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated!

04/10/2022 11:53 AM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

I see the button on the top-right of the DragonBar for toggling the Extras bar. Normally it's the same colour as the DragonBar. I don't think I've seen it turn orange!

Could it be that the Results Box is anchored in that corner? If it is, try moving the Results Box somewhere else.

If that's not the problem, this is what I would try: go to Dragon Options, go to the "Appearance" tab, click the "Restore defaults" button, click "OK," and then test. If that fixes it, return to the Appearance tab and change the settings so that the DragonBar and Results Box look the way you want them to.
 04/11/2022 09:52 PM

Author Icon
mareid
Power Member

Thanks for the suggestion, Alan. The culprit turned out to be a new "feature" in Mac OS Monterey. It's an indicator that tells you when your microphone is being used, apparently for privacy purposes. Should anyone else stumble upon this thread and the "feature" still be part of Mac OS, there is an app you can install to suppress it: https://github.com/s4y/undot

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Dragon Speech Recognition » How to make the orange dot go away?

Statistics
32305 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 465 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 465 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.