KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Multiple Bluetooth microphones?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/11/2022 03:40 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Multiple Bluetooth microphones?   - wheels496 - 05/11/2022 03:40 AM  
 Multiple Bluetooth microphones?   - Lunis Orcutt - 05/11/2022 06:16 PM  
 Multiple Bluetooth microphones?   - Stephan Kuepper - 05/13/2022 10:05 AM  
Keyword
 05/11/2022 03:40 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

wheels496
Advanced Member

Hello

I am now successfully using a Bluetooth microphone. My only concern is it is not lasting the whole day (at the moment I am having to remember to charge it while I am on lunch).

If I had two microphones, same make and model, would Dragon be happy at me switching between them?

Thanks

-------------------------

DPI 15.6.1

05/11/2022 06:16 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

The devil is in the details. When asking these types of questions, please state the model and manufacturer of your microphone. For example, the Sennheiser MB Pro1, which we have tested and approved for speech recognition, battery life is about 14 hours. Many consumer grade Bluetooth microphones run < 7 hours

You can pair 2 separate Bluetooth microphones but you may have to switch your sound source through Dragon. We believe using one speech recognition approved microphone would be much more convenient. We additionally recommend simply getting used to putting your headset back into the charging cradle when you are not using it; as opposed to leaving it on your desk. Once you get into the habit, it should be almost as easy to cradle your headset, as opposed to dropping it on your desk. This is what we did before switching to a TableMike which doesn't have these issues and doesn't even need to be worn. Most of our work is within 24 inches of our computer screen anyway.

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

05/13/2022 10:05 AM

Author Icon
Stephan Kuepper
Top-Tier Member

All Sennheiser Bluetooth headsets use the same Bluetooth BTD 8000 USB dongle that servers as sound source for Dragon. As long as you pair any Sennheiser Bluetooth headset with that dongle, Dragon won't care.

In general, if you switch between two identical microphones using the same entry point (Bluetooth dongle, USB port...) Dragon should recognise as one and the same device.

Hope that helps, Stephan

www.egs-vertrieb.de - www.spracherkennungscloud.de

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Dragon Speech Recognition » Multiple Bluetooth microphones?

Statistics
32305 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 483 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 483 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.