KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Profiles to keep
Topic Summary: When a Profile is not being updated: Retain or Trash?
Created On: 05/14/2022 10:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Profiles to keep   - wbajr - 05/14/2022 10:58 AM  
 Profiles to keep   - R. Wilke - 05/14/2022 12:35 PM  
 Profiles to keep   - Lunis Orcutt - 05/14/2022 06:35 PM  
 Profiles to keep   - wbajr - 05/14/2022 08:28 PM  
Keyword
 05/14/2022 10:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
wbajr

Made the mistake of using "disk cleanup"[W10]. This had the effect to forcing me to repair Dragon. That proceeded to generate a new user profile. In looking through the Nuance user folder, and being a newbie, I discovered a number of user profiles which are no longer in use. (Folder dates are old) Can they be thrown away?

Yes: I worked thru the "sand traps" and pitched dra files.

I'm talking about profile folders dated back in March.

-wbajr

05/14/2022 12:35 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

You are probably a victim in two ways: first by running "disk cleanup", and second, by following the "sand traps" recommendations where they weren't meant to be applied, or maybe it was the other way round.

In order to start from a "clean slate", delete everything left behind, reinstall Dragon from scratch, start with a new user profile, and only start following the "sand traps" recommendations, once you are good to go.

-------------------------

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

05/14/2022 06:35 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

When it comes to third-party helper utilities like System Mechanic, CC cleaner and a million others, you run the risk of damage. We only recommend using "helper" utilities as a last resort. 

As far as removing unwanted Dragon user profiles are concerned, you have 2 options:

1. Our preferred method is to open the Manage User Profiles DragonBar menu, individually select each user profile you wish to delete followed by pressing the Delete button. The advantage of this approach is that Dragon will not allow you to accidentally delete the user profile you are using.

2. You can go old school by opening the Dragon %LOCALAPPDATA%\Nuance\NS15\Users\ folder and deleting the unwanted users.

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

05/14/2022 08:28 PM

Author Icon
wbajr

Gentlemen: thanks for the input.
I've had Nuance since home version 13. This is the first website where I could find decent explanations.
It's the reason I went from "Home" to "Professional Individual" and purchased Knowbrainer.
-wbajr
KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Dragon Speech Recognition » Profiles to keep

Statistics
32305 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 416 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 416 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.