Wireless microphone replacement   - cactustweeter - 07/03/2019 10:30 PM  
 Wireless microphone replacement   - Lunis Orcutt - 07/04/2019 03:25 PM  
 Wireless microphone replacement   - mobleguy - 12/13/2020 09:51 AM  
 Wireless microphone replacement   - Lunis Orcutt - 12/13/2020 06:37 PM  
Keyword
 07/03/2019 10:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

cactustweeter

I need to replace my wireless microphone system. For 20+ years I've used the Sennheiser L2 system with a Countryman microphone connected to the transmitter. It's worked really well. Now I need to find a replacement. What do you recommend? I don't want to go Bluetooth. I would like to go wireless so I have good range. Sometimes I remote control my computer in my other room from my bedroom so I want it to be able to reach the other room without problems. The Sennheiser did just fine. Do you have anything to recommend?

Thanks...

-------------------------

Dragon in use.  Occasionally mistakes are made.  I correct the ones I notice... 

07/04/2019 03:25 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

The Sennheiser Countryman is 1 of the most accurate microphones we ever tested. We never carried the Countryman because the Samson Airline 77 was just as accurate but more popular. The main difference being that the Airline 77 is beltpackless and doesn't require a wire from the headset to the belt pack, like all other UHF/VHF competing products. We don't call that completely wireless. Companies like Sennheiser and Shure couldn't do anything about it because of Samson's patent. We originally used Nady because it allowed us to use any microphone but we still had to deal with the belt pack wire which caught a doorknob more than once. Most wireless UHF systems require preparatory microphones that cannot be used anywhere else. Wireless VHS microphones were designed for the music business but worked great in speech recognition because competing Bluetooth systems were simply not up to the job. We don't like UHS systems because they are expensive, not completely wireless and require an AC outlet for the base station. We still sell the Airline 77 but are dumping our stock on Amazon. Nuance expanded the Bluetooth frequency range in Ver. 11 or 12 but Bluetooth microphones were still lacking a bit behind. This is no longer the case. For example, the Sennheiser MB Pro1 UC is completely wireless (no miserable AC base or wire running down to a belt pack) and less than half the price. Even the built-in rechargeable battery lasts a little longer and because the MB Pro1 is a Bluetooth microphone, it also works on your cell phone. From a speech recognition point of view, UHS systems are still great but don't have a future; other than music and aerobics.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

12/13/2020 09:51 AM

Author Icon
mobleguy
Power Member

I realize this is an older thread, but I am curious what you went with to dictate from another room?

I am also curious what the range is for the Sennheiser MB Pro 1 UC/ML

12/13/2020 06:37 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Most wireless headsets, like the Sennheiser MB Pro1 UC/ML Bluetooth headset, have a 300 ft in-site range which is significantly reduced by obstacles such as walls

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Microphones and Sound Cards » Wireless microphone replacement

Statistics
31950 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 663 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 663 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.