KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: procedure for testing if microphone is still working
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/20/2020 01:48 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 procedure for testing if microphone is still working   - aberk - 12/20/2020 01:48 PM  
 procedure for testing if microphone is still working   - Lunis Orcutt - 12/20/2020 03:17 PM  
Keyword
 12/20/2020 01:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
aberk

Hi all,

For years, I have been using a Sennheiser 431 Pro mounted on an arm that puts it in front of my face. I have too much movement to keep a headset microphone on my head. The solution he has worked until now, when Dragon NaturallySpeaking suddenly started leaving out multiple words in phrases that I dictate. The purpose of this message is to learn how to test the microphone to see if it is the problem.

So far, I have taken the following steps:

Restored my profile with my original pristine copy

Purchased and installed a new XLR to 3.5 mm cable

Tried using Dragon NaturallySpeaking with the same profile on another computer

What are some good diagnostics I can run on the microphone itself?

Thank you.

12/20/2020 03:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Try dictating a sentence into DragonPad; possibly multiple times and then say play that back. This should identify the source of the problem; your microphone or Dragon. This Sennheiser model should last a very long time but things can go wrong. Fortunately you can have it serviced or consider going with a TableMike with a 10x longer range. The MD 431 II is extremely accurate and extremely noise filtering but it may no longer suit your use. We discontinue selling the Sennheiser MD 431 II, several years ago, because of its short range, the high price and clumsy handling.

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

Statistics
31949 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 571 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 573 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.