Best Table Mic Converter/Holder   - ax - 12/23/2020 01:34 PM  
 Best Table Mic Converter/Holder   - Lunis Orcutt - 12/23/2020 06:14 PM  
Keyword
 12/23/2020 01:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ax
Top-Tier Member

I have been using this device for the past year with the handhelds after hospital switched over to "front-end" dictation.

It looks the part of a contraption, but a veritable gem at that.  I have looked up and down for something to convert the PowerMic into a Table Mic with no luck.  Lunis used to sell an "adapter" for this purpose apparently but I couldn't locate it.

https://www.amazon.ca/Lamicall-3546-1/dp/B07S9JXQP2

This does the trick and then some.

The soft rubber grooves hold the PowerMic like a glove, and the SpeechMike a little less snugly (SpeechMike being slightly narrower) but still perfectly well.  And the twisting/extension mechanism is incredibly stable.  Not surprising given that it was designed to hold up heavier phones.

It was so useful that I bought 3 more: 1 for each place (hospital, office, and home), and 1 for backup.

I even managed to fit the AT2005 in my office into one - far more functional than the clunky swing arm that came with the AT2005USB package.

The downside is that it looks a bit "extreme".  However, it this day of remote calling on patients, and for home use, it matters didley.

Just like David, I have no relation to and no financial interest in this product whatsoever.

Near the end of this year like no other year, just want to share what works.  After all, we are thankful to have made thus far.

12/23/2020 06:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

For some reason we never got the Philip's Table Stand onto the Accessories section of our website but it is available. However, you can also drop any handheld microphone into a coffee cup. This creates exactly the right tilt but works better if you empty the coffee 1st 

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Microphones and Sound Cards » Best Table Mic Converter/Holder

Statistics
31950 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 729 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 729 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.